AD replication problem with removed DC

J

Johnny

Hi All

We recently have a DC which failed to operate normally and unable to demote normally. Therefore I follow the steps show in http://support.microsoft.com/?id=216498 to remove all its relevant data from the AD. Everything seems working fine except the following replication errors being logged periodically. I remember before the failed DC was removed from my DNS server manually, the address 41991cc7-779a-4d4c-9137-17bed1fcb075 is referring to the removed DC. I have tried to look through our AD everywhere with adsiedit but failed to locate the above anywhere. I also removed all the relevant failed DC records with Active Directory Sites and Services. Does anyone have any ideas where else should I look to have this replication task completely removed. Normal replications can be done between all DCs.

Hope someone can help me with this.

Event Type: Warning

Event Source: NTDS Replication

Event Category: (5)

Event ID: 1085

Date: 3/12/2008

Time: 4:56:43 PM

User: Everyone

Computer: AX-DC01

Description:

Replication warning: The directory replication agent (DRA) couldn't synchronize partition DC=mydomain,DC=com with partition on directory server 41991cc7-779a-4d4c-9137-17bed1fcb075._msdcs.mydomain.com.

The error was:

The DSA operation is unable to proceed because of a DNS lookup failure.

Please verify that the address can be resolved with DNS, and that it is reachable via the transport. If this error persists, the KCC will reconfigure the links around this server.

The record data is the status code.

Event Type: Warning

Event Source: NTDS Replication

Event Category: (5)

Event ID: 1061

Date: 3/12/2008

Time: 4:56:43 PM

User: Everyone

Computer: AX-DC01

Description:

Internal error: The directory replication agent (DRA) call returned error 8524.

Ask a Question