Active Directroy Client Extension

Rob

I have installed the Active Directory Client extension on
our Windows 95 and 98 machines, and they can no longer log
on to the domain. Error is "the domain password you
supplied is incorrect, or access to your logon server has
been denied." If I uninstall the Active Directory Client
and then re-install TCP/IP they can log on again. We have
a Windows 2000 Active Directory environment running in
Mixed-Mode.
Thanks in advance for all replies.

Rashmi.K.Y [MSFT]

Hello,

Thank you for posting.

I understand that Windows 95 and Windows 98 clients with Active Directory
Client Extension installed are unable to logon to the domain.

Please refer to the following KB articles and check if it applies to your
scenario. If the articles are not relevant, please provide us more
information along with event IDs if any.

Problems logging on to a Windows 2000-based server or a Windows 2003-based
server
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;[LN];272594

How to Prevent Windows from Storing a LAN Manager Hash of Your Password
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;EN-US;

I hope the above information helps to resolve your issue. If there is
anything unclear, please feel free to let me know. Thank you and have a
nice day!

Rashmi