From: "brian" <>
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Sent: Sunday, October 02, 2005 10:34 PM
Subject: acquire text

how do you turn on the setting to acquire text in microsoft word 2002. i
have
word on another computer and when i click file aquire text appears on 1
computer but not the other
thanks
brian

Hello Brian,
You'll be much better off in the long-run if you do
your scanning and OCR in WordPad (most OCR software's add WordPad willing)
rather than Word.

There's much to read here regarding scans.
You may view that thread in the archives and many more related to scans:
http://groups.google.com/groups?as_...81&as_maxd=28&as_maxm=9&as_maxy=2005&safe=off
Perhaps another will come along and advise you of how to utilize the MS
Scannig software, however my experience has been that you get better results
using your scanner OCR software and WordPad.

Charles Kenyon

Sorry, but I'm not familiar with the process you are describing. What,
specifically are you trying to accomplish. What does this command do?
Insert > File ?
--
Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.

Hi Brian-

If I recall correctly, the File>Acquire Text command was in an earlier
version of Word... maybe 97 or 2000, and pertained to 'Twain Compatible'
devices. If you are looking to scan directly into Word, the command has been
changed/moved to Insert>Picture>From Scanner or Camera in 2002(XP)/2003.

HTH |:>)