acnewrec?

Reaction score
Hi guys,
Amongst others I have two forms that are more or less identical, i.c. they have identical forms properties and use the same tables, but not the same fields. Both forms are used to calculate a different set of values, to be stored in fields in new a added record. In the first form I use:

me.recordsource="table1"
docmd.gotorecord,,acnewrec

This of course works well. In the other form I use identical code, but instead of adding a new record, access skips to the first record in the table and overwrites the values in the fields.
I can't find any isgnificant differences in the handling of the data in both forms.
Any suggestions?
Thanks

Ad

Reaction score
Hi guys,
Amongst others I have two forms that are more or less identical, i.c. they have identical forms properties and use the same tables, but not the same fields. Both forms are used to calculate a different set of values, to be stored in fields in new a added record. In the first form I use:

me.recordsource="table1"
docmd.gotorecord,,acnewrec

This of course works well. In the other form I use identical code, but instead of adding a new record, access skips to the first record in the table and overwrites the values in the fields.
I can't find any isgnificant differences in the handling of the data in both forms.
Any suggestions?
Thanks

High there again,
SInce I was sort of desperate to solve this problem, I tried everything possible. Have been working on this right through the night. Eventually I thought I've tried everything possible, exept making a new form. What I did was copy all objects and code to a new form. Without changing anything it now works well. I wonder why.
I'm still open to suggestions how this can be possible.This has cost me hours of debugging and testing wiithout any result whatsoever. It would be great to know the reason of this all so I can avoid this time consuming problem in the future.
Thanks and regards

Ask a Question