acf wiki and SOUL status

Mark Carter

For those that are interested, the acf wiki that I hosted has been
zapped (by me). With any luck, a new wiki with better security will be
created. This may take some time to accomplish, (if it gets done at
all) as it will be hosted at my Lycos VDS account which is giving me no
end of difficulties.

The wiki was prey to constant attacks by Russians, so I froze its
editability - which kinda defeats the object of a wiki. I hope to go for
MoinMoin, which has security features, making it more difficult to spam.
I have saved the contents of the original wiki - it remains to be seen
what effort I will put into reinstating the original content.

You may also have noticed that SOUL (my nightly link postings) has been
somewhat intermittent. Grrr. SOUL is run on my Lycos account, which is
really experiencing difficulties. SOUL will resume just as soon as the
admin guys at Lycos bring my account back up. It should pick up from
where it left off, so no articles will have been lost.

Susan Bugher

Mark said:
For those that are interested, the acf wiki that I hosted has been
zapped (by me). With any luck, a new wiki with better security will be
created. This may take some time to accomplish, (if it gets done at
all) as it will be hosted at my Lycos VDS account which is giving me no
end of difficulties.

ACK! :(
The wiki was prey to constant attacks by Russians, so I froze its
editability - which kinda defeats the object of a wiki. I hope to go for
MoinMoin, which has security features, making it more difficult to spam.

Could you password protect the old wiki? ISTM posting a password in ACF would allow newsgroup
participants to edit the wiki while making it difficult for the Russian spammers.
I have saved the contents of the original wiki - it remains to be seen
what effort I will put into reinstating the original content.

There are some wiki pages I'd like to have. Is it possible to get a copy of the content?

Susan
--
Posted to alt.comp.freeware

Mark Carter

Susan said:
Mark Carter wrote:
There are some wiki pages I'd like to have. Is it possible to get a copy
of the content?

Yes. Please standby for further info.