    TurboCash).

    Many thanks,

    Tom C

    Tom C, Aug 6, 2006

  2. Tom C

    Daphne Eze Guest

    Tom C wrote:
    > I wonder if anyone has experience of freeware accounting programmes for a
    > sole-trader business (heating engineer) - the simpler the better. I have
    > had a look at a couple, and they seem rather complex (Banana cashbook,
    > TurboCash).
    >
    > Many thanks,
    >
    > Tom C

    Try this one.
    http://www.bizacct.com/download.html

    cheers
    Daphne

    Daphne Eze, Aug 7, 2006

  3. Tom C

    Tom C Guest

    Daphne Eze <> wrote in

    > Tom C wrote:
    >> I wonder if anyone has experience of freeware accounting programmes
    >> for a sole-trader business (heating engineer) - the simpler the
    >> better. I have had a look at a couple, and they seem rather complex
    >> (Banana cashbook, TurboCash).
    >>
    >> Many thanks,
    >>
    >> Tom C

    > Try this one.
    > http://www.bizacct.com/download.html
    >
    > cheers
    > Daphne

    Thanks, Daphne. I'll take a look.

    Tom C

    Tom C, Aug 7, 2006
  4. Tom C

    Al Klein Guest

    On 06 Aug 2006 18:49:22 GMT, Tom C <>
    wrote:

    >I wonder if anyone has experience of freeware accounting programmes for a
    >sole-trader business (heating engineer) - the simpler the better. I have
    >had a look at a couple, and they seem rather complex (Banana cashbook,
    >TurboCash).

    There are two things you should be aware of:

    1) The bookkeeping requirements of different countries are different.
    You'll need a program that's written for your country,

    2) If you're going to depend on the program for anything more than a
    personal record, you'll need a program that does actual bookkeeping -
    that pretty much means "written by an accountant". (Coded by a
    programmer, probably, but trust me, programmers aren't accountants -
    we need accountants to make sure that what we write really works.)

    The IRS (or your country's equivalent) won't accept a printout from
    "Joe's Accounting Program" as anything more than scrap paper. But the
    output of a double-entry ledger will look very familiar to them,
    especially if the program uses the standard account numbers.
    --
    http://www.webdingers.com/filelist.html

    Al Klein, Aug 8, 2006