Accessing Printer on Windows XP Network

I am having supreme difficulty attempting to access my Windows XP Home HP psc
2175 printer from my Windows 2000 professional laptop. I can see the laptop
computer from my desktop but can't ping it and I can see the printer from my
laptop but can't load it. My Linksys wireless network comprises of a WAG54G
ADSL Gateway, WPC54G Notebook adaptor and WMP54G PCI adaptor.
The printer has been removed and reloaded on both the laptop and desktop and
the windows firewall disabled. I have done everything I can think of to use
the printer to no avail.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you.
--
David Y
Wireless Linksys networking.

Gary Fose [MSFT]

Either log onto the 2000 machine with the same username and password as the XP machine
or add the 2000 username and password to the XP machine. Also make sure the printer is
shared out and that the username and password for the 2000 user is included in the share
permissions.

Gary

--------------------
'--'From: =?Utf-8?B?REFWSURZ?= <[email protected]>
'--'Subject: Accessing Printer on Windows XP Network
'--'Date: Tue, 2 Nov 2004 06:29:02 -0800
'--'Newsgroups: microsoft.public.win2000.networking
'--'
'--'I am having supreme difficulty attempting to access my Windows XP Home HP psc
'--'2175 printer from my Windows 2000 professional laptop. I can see the laptop
'--'computer from my desktop but can't ping it and I can see the printer from my
'--'laptop but can't load it. My Linksys wireless network comprises of a WAG54G
'--'ADSL Gateway, WPC54G Notebook adaptor and WMP54G PCI adaptor.
'--'The printer has been removed and reloaded on both the laptop and desktop and
'--'the windows firewall disabled. I have done everything I can think of to use
'--'the printer to no avail.
'--'Any help would be greatly appreciated.
'--'Thank you.
'--'--
'--'David Y
'--'Wireless Linksys networking.
'--'Windows 2000 Professional laptop to Windows XP Home desktop.
'--'Can "see" notebook from desktop but can't ping. Can "see" printer from
'--'laptop but can't load.
'--'

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Use of included
script samples are subject to the terms specified at http://www.microsoft.com/info/cpyright.htm

Note: For the benefit of the community-at-large, all responses to this message are best
directed to the newsgroup/thread from which they originated.