Accessing configuration files from class library classes

This has been bothering me for awhile now and I need to ask the question.
There are classes in the BCL and in third party apps that access the
configuration file programmatically. Let me use the new WCF class
ServiceHost as an example. The service host class can be completely setup
programmatically or it can be setup declaratively through the configuration
file. So my question is how do they program it to read the configuration
when that configuration could be in a Web.config or an app.config. Do they
just always use the ConfigurationManager class to access the config file?

Thanks

Vadym Stetsiak

Hello, Oldman!

There is nice set of articles about configuration files in .NET 2.0

http://www.codeproject.com/dotnet/mysteriesofconfiguration.asp
http://www.codeproject.com/dotnet/mysteriesofconfiguration2.asp
http://www.codeproject.com/dotnet/mysteriesofconfiguration3.asp

--