Access SQLRS2005 from .NET 1.1 application

Martin Robins

I currently have a windows service written using VS2003/.NET 1.1 and this accesses reports from an SQL2000RS server and distributes them via email.

My customer wants to use SQL2005RS in order to facilitate end-user report creation; is it possible to access SQL2005RS from .NET 1.1 as I do not wish to port the application to .NET 2.0 just yet?

Thanks.

Bruce L-C [MVP]

How are you accessing RS 2000? If via web services, RS 2005 supports both 2000 web service endpoints and the new 2005 endpoints.

--
Bruce Loehle-Conger
MVP SQL Server Reporting Services
"Martin Robins" <martin dot robins at technicaldirect dot co dot uk> wrote in message I currently have a windows service written using VS2003/.NET 1.1 and this accesses reports from an SQL2000RS server and distributes them via email.

My customer wants to use SQL2005RS in order to facilitate end-user report creation; is it possible to access SQL2005RS from .NET 1.1 as I do not wish to port the application to .NET 2.0 just yet?

Thanks.

Martin Robins

Thanks.

I am indeed using the web service from SQL2000RS. Obviously I can connect to any web service irrespective of whether it is SQL2000RS or SQL2005RS - I should have thought that one through really!

Martin.

How are you accessing RS 2000? If via web services, RS 2005 supports both 2000 web service endpoints and the new 2005 endpoints.

--
Bruce Loehle-Conger
MVP SQL Server Reporting Services
"Martin Robins" <martin dot robins at technicaldirect dot co dot uk> wrote in message I currently have a windows service written using VS2003/.NET 1.1 and this accesses reports from an SQL2000RS server and distributes them via email.

My customer wants to use SQL2005RS in order to facilitate end-user report creation; is it possible to access SQL2005RS from .NET 1.1 as I do not wish to port the application to .NET 2.0 just yet?

Thanks.

Bruce L-C [MVP]

Well, the point is that RS 2005 still provides backward compatibility with the RS 2000 web services calls. That is why it will still work for you.