    to import an Excel file. When I go to the External Data -Excel File,, the
    browse button will not do anything. If I go to the same for Access File, the
    browse function will work. An ideas?

    Panama63, Dec 16, 2008

  2. Panama63

    Pete D. Guest

    This works for me, can you explain what fails or what you can't do? Do you
    have the latest SP1 for Office 2007

    Pete D., Dec 16, 2008

  3. Panama63

    Panama63 Guest

    Sorry, I don't know how else to explain it. I want to import an excel file
    into a database. I go to "Get External Data" then "Excel File" At this
    point you get a popup window where you put in the location of the file you
    want to import. At the right of that box is a "Browse" button that allows
    you to seach through your computer to select the file that you want to
    import. That "Browse" button will not take you anywhere to search for a
    file. The box that your file address goes in will accept information, but
    will not do anything. These functions all work when I try to get an access
    file.

    Panama63, Dec 18, 2008
  4. Panama63

    Pete D. Guest

    I'm sorry also, sounds like you install needs to be repaired. Pete

    Pete D., Dec 18, 2008