Access 2003 MDE fails

G

I have received the following error after installing the ADE cd and trying to create a MDE of a db. The MDE process works with just one or two tables and two forms, but not with the small db I have created. I have 4 tables, 9 querys, 8 forms, 2 reports and 5 small macros. I consistently receive the error below. My jet 4.0 is version 4.0.8618.0, the link that comes up with the error indicates I should be at v82 or so

This error is usually associated with compiling a large database into an MDE file. Due to the method used to compile the database, a considerable number of TableID references are created for each table. The Microsoft Jet database engine version 4.0 can only create a maximum of 2048 open TableIDs at one time. Exporting a database as an MDE potentially can exceed this limit if the database has a large number of objects (table, macro, form, report, etc)
There is no accurate method to estimate the number of TableIDs the Jet database engine uses during the process of compiling a database as an MDE. However, each VBA module and each form uses one TableID, as a result, if the database has 500 forms, and each form's HasModule property is set to Yes, as many as 1,000 TableIDs are used

I can't believe that I cannot create a MDE from this db. The one table has 1263 rows of info with 76 fields, mostly short ones. The other table have 16 rows of 3 fields and another table has about 1000 rows of info with 6 fields per row.

I have updated the access db from 2000 to 2003, as well as creating and entirely new db in Access 2003, still the same results.

I'm stumped! Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated

TIA

Greg Mohr

A

Albert D. Kallal

I have received the following error after installing the ADE cd and trying
to create a MDE of a db.

Hum, I not aware that a developers editon cd is avaibling for a2003. (you
can correct me..but I though that disk was for access 2002, and thus it very
well seems that you have your versons mixed up? You obvislty can't mix the
develpoers edition for a2000, or a2002 with other differnt verwions of
access (that would not make sense at all).

I certanly have no trouble at creating mde fiels from a2003. I just tried a
small appcioes with 60 talbes, and 160 forms..and it converted no problem at
all.

I would also consider instaling some udpates to office.....

Go help--->check for updates...

I would also consider putting in the office cd and consider doing a
"repair"..

A

Albert D. Kallal

Excellent ....thanks for that tip.

I just found the disk in my big pile of stuff!

That little office dev FAQ is really nice. I just bookmarked this!...

Thank you very much Tony....

Ask a Question