A97 and A2K

J

Jack Isaacs

Hello All

I have a PC running windows 2K and Office 2K.
I need to be able to load a complex access97 db (without converting), so I
have installed Access97 - leaving the Office2K untouched. Now, however, when
I try to open any access db - 97 or 2k - I get "Access can't start because
there is no licence for it on this machine". Why am I getting this, and what
should I do?

Hope someone can help.
Many thanks
Les

G

Definitely try what Alex suggests. I've run into this problem a number of
times, and the font renaming solution has always corrected it.

L

Leslie Isaacs

Hello Alex

Blimey - I didn't know this was going to be so complicated!

In the link you gave me, I have followed the instruction down to renaming hatten.ttf as hatten.xxx, but then I struggle when I get to the following:

11. In the Add/Remove Program Properties dialog box, click the Install/Uninstall tab, and select Microsoft Office 97, Professional Edition in the program list.
12. Click Add/Remove to run Office Setup in Maintenance Mode.

Having clicked Add/Remove Programs. in Control Panel, I don't seem to get an Add/Remove Program Properties dialog box. I get the Add/Remove Programs box (is this the same thing?), with a list of all the currently installed programs, and 4 shortcuts on the lft hand side, labelled 'Change or remove programs', Add new programs', Add/remove windows components' and 'Set program access and defaults'. I can't see where I am supposed to click Add/Remove to run Office Setup in Maintenance Mode.

Hope yo can help.
Many thanks
Les.

A

Alex White MCDBA MCSE

Hi Leslie,

What you are looking to achieve is to run the Office 97 setup whilst it is installed, it will run the setup in maintenance mode, if you cannot do it through Add/Remove programs try to run it off the CDROM, setup.exe in the root e.g. d:\ of the CDROM and reinstall then continue to follow the instructions.

Good luck.

--
Regards

Alex White MCDBA MCSE
http://www.intralan.co.uk

Hello Alex

In the link you gave me, I have followed the instruction down to renaming hatten.ttf as hatten.xxx, but then I struggle when I get to the following:

11. In the Add/Remove Program Properties dialog box, click the Install/Uninstall tab, and select Microsoft Office 97, Professional Edition in the program list.

Having clicked Add/Remove Programs. in Control Panel, I don't seem to get an Add/Remove Program Properties dialog box. I get the Add/Remove Programs box (is this the same thing?), with a list of all the currently installed programs, and 4 shortcuts on the lft hand side, labelled 'Change or remove programs', Add new programs', Add/remove windows components' and 'Set program access and defaults'. I can't see where I am supposed to click Add/Remove to run Office Setup in Maintenance Mode.

Hope yo can help.
Many thanks
Les.

D

DL

Alex, since O97 was installed over O2K wont the entire installation, of both have been corrupted, particularly if not installed into seperate folders.
D

Hi Leslie,

What you are looking to achieve is to run the Office 97 setup whilst it is installed, it will run the setup in maintenance mode, if you cannot do it through Add/Remove programs try to run it off the CDROM, setup.exe in the root e.g. d:\ of the CDROM and reinstall then continue to follow the instructions.

Good luck.

--
Regards

Alex White MCDBA MCSE

Hello Alex

Hope yo can help.
Many thanks
Les.

A

Alex White MCDBA MCSE

You may have to run the office 2000 repair after, the 2 installations of office SHOULD be in different directories for them to both work, in fact if they are in the same directory uninstall Office 2000 and install into a directory of its own, then repair office 97

--
Regards

Alex White MCDBA MCSE

Alex, since O97 was installed over O2K wont the entire installation, of both have been corrupted, particularly if not installed into seperate folders.
D

Hi Leslie,

Good luck.

--
Regards

Alex White MCDBA MCSE

Hello Alex

Hope yo can help.
Many thanks
Les.

Ò

òÙËÉÎ ðÁ×ÅÌ

Pam Earle said:
Definitely try what Alex suggests. I've run into this problem a number of
times, and the font renaming solution has always corrected it.

L

Leslie Isaacs

Many thanks to all of you - all OK now.
Les

You may have to run the office 2000 repair after, the 2 installations of office SHOULD be in different directories for them to both work, in fact if they are in the same directory uninstall Office 2000 and install into a directory of its own, then repair office 97

--
Regards

Alex White MCDBA MCSE

D

Hi Leslie,

Good luck.

--
Regards

Alex White MCDBA MCSE

Hello Alex

Hope yo can help.
Many thanks
Les.

Ask a Question