    and this is only a maybe example). would love some help. just seems like
    everything in form filling is a green dot. this is just frustrating and
    irritating

    Steve Healey, Mar 24, 2008

  2. √ The character map has the 'square root' symbol

    --
    Was this helpful? Then click the Ratings button. Voting helps the web
    interface.

    Mark L. Ferguson, Mar 24, 2008

  3. Steve Healey

    Doug Guest

    | is there a tick mark (as opposed to a cross (X) ) shortcut on a qwerty
    | keyboard that i can use to put a tick into a question and answer box. i
    have
    | tried using the extra keyboard functions that bring up (i think) the extra
    | symbols such as alt 0065 produces an hebrew sign (cant remember how to do
    it
    | and this is only a maybe example). would love some help. just seems like
    | everything in form filling is a green dot. this is just frustrating and
    | irritating

    Try the space bar.

    Doug, Mar 24, 2008
  4. Steve Healey

    Jordan Guest

    On Mar 24, 5:34 pm, "Ben" <> wrote:
    > Mark, I can't seem to fine it on my map. What is it? Alt. xxx? I see a
    > U+221A but can't make that work.
    >
    > "Mark L. Ferguson" <> wrote in
    > messagenews:...
    >
    > >? The character map has the 'square root' symbol

    > > --
    > > Was this helpful? Then click the Ratings button. Voting helps the web
    > > interface.
    > >http://www.microsoft.com/wn3/locales/help/help_en-us.htm#RateAPostAsA...
    > > Mark L. Ferguson
    > > .

    > > "Steve Healey" <> wrote in message
    > >> is there a tick mark (as opposed to a cross (X) ) shortcut on a qwerty
    > >> keyboard that i can use to put a tick into a question and answer box. i
    > >> have
    > >> tried using the extra keyboard functions that bring up (i think) the
    > >> extra
    > >> symbols such as alt 0065 produces an hebrew sign (cant remember how to do
    > >> it
    > >> and this is only a maybe example). would love some help. just seems like
    > >> everything in form filling is a green dot. this is just frustrating and
    > >> irritating

    If you are using MS Office, you could try to create a custom bullet
    for a bulleted list. Also, deeper into the macro side of Word I
    remember seeing a way to insert a tick box. You would have to enter
    the developer view to get to it though.
    </jordan>

    Jordan, Mar 24, 2008
  5. perhaps, your