"A Program is attempting to Access" message

Stan

Hi,

I've got an issue with Palm synchronization with Outlook XP. When the
sync app begins I get an error message in Outlook which forces me to
confirm that I want to allow the sync app to access my Outlook data.
This message began appearing after applying ms security updates, but I
can't figure out which of the 667,000 updates might have been the one
to cause it, and even if I could, it probably fixes some exploit so
aggregious tha tI wouldn't want to back it out. What I'm wondering is
if there is a setting somewhere or a reg hack that allows me to
permanently allow this application to access outlook data (or failing
that, permanently allow anything to access outlook data). Any info
much appreciated.

Thanks,
Stan

Stan

Thanks to everyone who replied. It turns out I'm using one of the few
devices that hasn't had an update since the new "security" updates
that cause this problem came out. After doing some research and
finding some folks whose automated server processes were broken by the
same "fix" I've learned that there is no single off-switch anywhere
for this protection - in typical fashion the user is left with fewer
choices about how to handle their own security!

Sue Mosher [MVP-Outlook]

What application did you identify as the one triggering the security
prompts?

--
Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP
Author of

Stan said:
Thanks to everyone who replied. It turns out I'm using one of the few
devices that hasn't had an update since the new "security" updates
that cause this problem came out. After doing some research and
finding some folks whose automated server processes were broken by the
same "fix" I've learned that there is no single off-switch anywhere
for this protection - in typical fashion the user is left with fewer
choices about how to handle their own security!

"Sue Mosher [MVP-Outlook]" <[email protected]> wrote in message
It was Office XP SP3. You probably need to get an updated version of your
sync tool. See http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2002sp3.htm#problems for
more information on this issue.