A message from Social Services

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
A friend of mine sent me this and I thought we could follow the Australian model:-

[FONT=&quot]Wouldn't it be amazing, if this was to be introduced in the UK and Canada .[/FONT][FONT=&quot] [/FONT][FONT=&quot] [/FONT][FONT=&quot] [/FONT][FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]This is the actual message you get when you phone the Australian social services/benefit office! Fantastic....
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]'GOOD MORNING, WELCOME TO "CENTRELINK" THE AUSTRALIAN SOCIAL SERVICES AND BENEFITS OFFICE' [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
"Press '1' if you speak English."
''Press[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT][FONT=&quot]‘[/FONT][FONT=&quot] [/FONT][FONT=&quot]2[/FONT][FONT=&quot] [/FONT][FONT=&quot]’[/FONT][FONT=&quot] [/FONT][FONT=&quot]to disconnect until you can[/FONT][FONT=&quot] [/FONT][FONT=&quot]….. [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Have[/FONT][FONT=&quot] [/FONT][FONT=&quot] [/FONT][FONT=&quot] [/FONT][FONT=&quot]a nice day[/FONT][FONT=&quot] [/FONT][FONT=&quot].[/FONT][FONT=&quot] [/FONT][FONT=&quot]”[/FONT][FONT=&quot] [/FONT][FONT=&quot] [/FONT][FONT=&quot] [/FONT][FONT=&quot]

:thumb::thumb::thumb::lol::lol::lol::lol:

[/FONT]

crazylegs

Member Extraordinaire
Reaction score
:D:lol: ha ha thats a classic

Trust the Aussies eh :nod:

Reaction score
Pity we cant do it here due to the european human rights act etc!
The country has gone pc crazy!:thumb:

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
but ... the Australians don't speak english. :confused:

:cheers:

Urmas

Subarctic Penguin
Reaction score
but ... the Australians don't speak english. :confused:

:cheers:
True... devout members of the Church of Afferbeck Lauder only speak Strine. :fool:

But as for the core issue here...

I am sure our lives — in whichever country we live — would be vastly improved if we could get rid of those pesky human rights. And the EU, of course... goes without saying. Why? Oh, that is not important... "just do it", like the Nike commercial says.

Same song in every country these days... not to get profound, polly-ticklish or anything, but the old Martin Niemöller QUOTE does come to my underachieving mind at times. Or the old Chinese curse: "may your wishes be granted."

blum3.gif

Oh... languages: cf. City of Sydney — Community Support

Reaction score
:blush:OOPS sorry guy's I started a bit of a political thing here and I do agree with uncle Urmas with the quote from Martin Niemöller, would one of the Moderators close this thread please.

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
:blush:OOPS sorry guy's I started a bit of a political thing here and I do agree with uncle Urmas with the quote from Martin Niemöller, would one of the Moderators close this thread please.

OK

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Question