A little advice for a Spotify user

crazylegs

Member Extraordinaire
Reaction score
I won a Spotify Premium subscription for 12 months!

I have been a Spotify user for about 7 months now and have been enjoying using the app on my pc, you get 20 hours every month free but it does come with Ads, fair enough though they gotta pay for the music somehow and Ads are the way they do this..
But I won a competition and have a 12 month Subscription to the Premium service with no ads and mobile connectivity, its worth £120 and am not sure whether to keep it or sell it.

Anyone got a Premium sub with Spotify and can give me the lowdown on how good the premium account really is..

EvanDavis

Silly Fool
Reaction score
crazylegs said:
you get 20 hours every month free

HUH ?? I use the normal free Spotify and i'd everyday I get home from work at about 4:30 spotify will go on till about 11pm. Thats a lot more than 20 hours a month.I hardly even notice the adds anymore.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Congrats on the win :D

20 hours a month seems pretty good for free, so it just depends on how much it's worth to you I guess. :)

crazylegs

Member Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Yeah must admit I have used a couple of hours of it and then few days later it was reset back to 20 hours again..Very nice of them of course!

Still after someone that uses the premium subscription though..Anyone!

crazylegs

Member Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Ian Cunningham said:
Congrats on the win :D

20 hours a month seems pretty good for free, so it just depends on how much it's worth to you I guess. :)

Problem is Ian from what I have heard on the net, once someones subscribed to the premium Spotify they say how hard it is to go back because you can take it with you on your mobile devices, Ipods, Iphones, Android devices..You got basically every song, artist, album out there in your pocket, you don't even have to have an internet connection as it works offline too, you can sync 3,333 tracks to your mobile device for offline use..

crazylegs

Member Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Well folks I have taken the subscription and it is fantastic, using my iPod with it!

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
I've been tempted to get a premium sub just so can have it on my N1. :D

Shoutcast will do though for now...

Grats on the win. :thumb:

crazylegs

Member Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Update on Spotify

Listening to all manner of stuff on my PC and the iPod Touch, use it all the time now everywhere I go the iPod goes with me, god knows what I'm gonna do when the subscription ends..:(

Ask a Question