A great shot of last Shuttle Launch

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
I received this in an email from a friend working at NASA and thought I'd share it with you all. I would have liked to give credit to the photographer but his name was not mentioned, if I find out I will update it.

This picture was taken in Ponte Vedra from the top of the 210 bridge crossing the intracoastal looking south towards St, Augustine and Cape Canaveral.

He got up very early and took this picture of the last nighttime space shuttle launch and was kind enough to share with his co-workers and whomever else would appreciate the beauty of the space launch.

He took the picture using a tri-pod and the elapsed time for the picture was several minutes in order to get the full fire-trail (this is why the stars are little lines instead of dots).

Monday, February 8, 2010 @ 4:14 am

Top of the Intracoastal Waterway Bridge in Ponte Vedra, FL

115 Miles from the launch

34 Degrees outside!

Attachments

• image001.jpg
    image001.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 1,201

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Wow, what a photo! :D

I bet whoever the photographer was has it as his desktop background ;)

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
Ian,

I have sent an email to the person who sent this out and have asked him to let me know the name of the photographer. I hope to hear from him and when I do, I will post it and give due credit for a superb shot.

This picture I can see was very well thought out, planned and executed. It did not just happen on its own. Using the vantage point, knowing which way the shuttle will go, exposure settings, all have played a key role in this fabulously composed shot.

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
WOW, need that in a hi res image for desktop! :D

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
V-R if I come across one I will let you know for sure :)

Ask a Question