8.7 drivers out

Discussion in 'ATI Video Cards' started by bandit, Jul 22, 2008.

  1. bandit

    bandit Guest

    bandit, Jul 22, 2008

  2. Carl wrote:
    > Thank you!

    x2

    BUT, should we stick with the hotfix driver for the mean time? You
    know.... just in case .... :)

    --
    @~@ Might, Courage, Vision, SINCERITY.
    /( _ )\ (Xubuntu 8.04) Linux 2.6.26

    Man-wai Chang ToDie (33.6k), Jul 22, 2008
  3. bandit

    Richie Rich Guest

    bandit <> wrote in

    > http://ati.amd.com/support/driver.html
    >
    > 8.7 Catalyst for 4850/70 are here!!!

    I'm using 8.7 beta driver for a while now. Thing is when I tried to go back
    to those 8.6 hotfix drivers they would'nt install correctly due to
    something that beta driver did. Hope these official 8.7 drivers install ok.

    Richie Rich, Jul 22, 2008
  4. > That is what I was wondering. Is this a good update to the HD4870? I see
    > nothing in the release that improves the performance of the 4870, addresses
    > the high-heat settings, or helps any of the games I play.

    Set the fan to always work at 100% speed.

    > I would like to know what other people are experiencing before I install it.

    I finally installed 8.7. So far, it's ok.

    --
    @~@ Might, Courage, Vision, SINCERITY.
    /( _ )\ (Xubuntu 8.04) Linux 2.6.26
    ^ ^ 12:04:01 up 1:43 0 users load average: 1.02 1.07 1.02

    Man-wai Chang ToDie (33.6k), Jul 23, 2008
  5. First of One wrote:
    > You are just running a single card, right? I would recommend you ditch CCC
    > altogether and use ATi Tray Tools (ATT) to control all functions. The only
    > thing ATT lacks is robust Crossfire support.

    does this ATT work in 64-bit Vi$ta?

    --
    @~@ Might, Courage, Vision, SINCERITY.
    /( _ )\ (Xubuntu 8.04) Linux 2.6.26
    ^ ^ 20:47:01 up 10:26 0 users load average: 1.00 1.02 1.00

    Man-wai Chang ToDie (33.6k), Jul 23, 2008
  6. "First of One" <root@127.0.0.1> wrote in

    > You are just running a single card, right? I would recommend you ditch
    > CCC altogether and use ATi Tray Tools (ATT) to control all functions.
    > The only thing ATT lacks is robust Crossfire support.

    Does ATI Tray Tools support 48xx series cards yet? I don't think it does.

    James McTavish, Jul 23, 2008
  7. James McTavish, Jul 23, 2008
  8. bandit

    Logan Guest