77e595.msi

Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 2000 MSI' started by staid, Oct 13, 2006.

  1. staid

    staid Guest

    I need some help to resolve my dilemma here but first let me explained what
    happened.

    I installed Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 and the next day I was told there's
    a couple of security update for it. Upon updating, I was told that the patch
    KB922770, could not be successfully updated.

    It's when I downloaded the patch (NDP20-KB922770-X86.exe) and install it
    manually that I realised I didn't have sufficient disk space. I click
    'cancel' to terminate the installation for the patch and perform Windows'
    Disk Cleanup.

    After deleting the temporary internet files, I realised that the installer
    for KB922770 did not close properly and was hanged. I proceeded to terminate
    it with Windows Task Manager.

    When I retry running the patch manually, I was given the error message:
    "Error 1305. Error reading from file C:\WINNT\Installer\77e595.msi Verify
    that the file exists and that you can access it."

    I checked and find no Installer folder in WINNT nor were there any 77e595.
    msi file.

    I reinstalled Microsoft Installer 3.1 v2 (WindowsInstaller-KB893803-v2-x86.
    exe) and the same error message persists. When I tried to uninstall
    Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0, it tells me:

    "Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 has encountered a problem during setup. Setup
    did not complete correctly."

    There was an option to Send Report and a link, 'What data does this report
    contain?' When clicked to view its contents, it reads...

    C:\DOCUME~1\%username%\LOCALS~1\Temp\WLFE.tmp
    C:\DOCUME~1\%username%\LOCALS~1\Temp\SDBF.tmp
    C:\DOCUME~1\%username%\LOCALS~1\Temp\VSW0\VSSWMSISummary.txt
    C:\DOCUME~1\%username%\LOCALS~1\Temp\VSW0\VSSWMSIInstallTime.txt
    C:\DOCUME~1\%username%\LOCALS~1\Temp\VSW0\VSSWMSIFailInfo.txt
    <NoFiles>

    So now I'm stucked. I can overwrite the installation with a fresh
    installation and neither can I uninstall it.

    Can anyone be so kind as to help please? Thank you very much in advance.

    P/S: OS is Windows 2000 with SP4.

    staid, Oct 13, 2006

  2. staid

    Guest Guest

    Hi,

    try the setup or patch with Parameter REINSTALL=ALL REINSTALLMODE=vaums or
    veums

    --
    Mit freundlichem Gruß

    Karlheinz Angele

    Angele IT + Bau
    Dienstleistungen

    Tulpenstraße 24
    88477 Schwendi

    Tel.: 07353/3286
    Mobil: 0170/6809495
    Fax.: 01805 060 339 621 78

    Internet: www.angele-web.de

    Netzwerke * Installationen * Softwareverteilung * MSI Repacketierung * MSI
    Schulung * Kabellose Netzwerke

    CAD Dienstleistung * Werkplanung * Bauleitung * Aufmasse

    Guest, Oct 24, 2006

  3. staid

    NewScience Guest

    First, make sure that you can view System Files and Folders, and Show Hidden
    Files and folders in Folder Options.

    The Installer folder is considered a System folder and may be hidden.

    Also check the .log or .txt files when you try running the Patch. Or there
    may be a KB*.log file in C:\Winnt folder which may contain the errors.

    NewScience, Jan 4, 2007