3G Cards (any alternatives)

Reaction score
Howdy,

I've been looking into these as (it's a long story) but we do not have aphone line where we live and i was looking at an 'easier' alternative.

The only thing i can find is the Vodafone 3G wireless card, but i must admit my jaw nearly shattered when it hit the floor! - Have you seen the prices!!! :eek:

are there any cheaper (a lot cheaper infact!) alternatives. Be gentle this is a new subject for me!

Cheers

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
You can get a GPRS card for around £40, but the real killer charge with anything like this will be the bandwidth. Its around £3/meg with one of these, and probably not far off with a 3G card.

It may be cheaper to get a phone line installed, or is that not possible?

Reaction score
You're right with the bandwidth charge there Ian - the prices are disgusting!

Basically the phone line has been cut as the previous tennants who used to occupy our flat basically legged it owing some cash to good old BT. How much i'm not sure.

Maybe i should find out. - I guess i just phone BT...right?

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I guess so - I doubt you would be held liable as long as you can prove you weren't the old tennant! :D

Reaction score
I'm not eniterly sure PotGuy, has anyone else been in the same situation? *cough* money *cough* grabbing *cough* BT :D

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
When it comes to credit rating, the first thing companies check is actually the address, not the individual, strange as it may seem.

Phone BT, you have nothing to lose, or visit one of their shops and talk to somebody about the problem.

Once you convince them you're not the person who done a runner, I expect they'll reinstate the phone line. They will probably want a (refundable) deposit though because of the previous tenant's behaviour.

Or you could try NTL, if it's available.

If you are successful, I'd also request a different number to the previous one.

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
BT don't have any 'shops' ... had to use a phonebox :rolleyes:

150 is the number ... pay by DD and they'll connect you ASAP ... but yes, make sure they do not use the same number, I bought an answering machine to help while BT got off their rears and changed the number.

:rolleyes:

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
muckshifter said:
BT don't have any 'shops' ...
:rolleyes:

Don't they?

Well, they used to have last time I looked, there was deffo one in the Lewisham shopping centre.

But.... I don't get out as much as I used to, lucky I got that 21 year old brunette home help :p

Did they close them all then?

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
floppybootstomp said:
Don't they?

Well, they used to have last time I looked, there was deffo one in the Lewisham shopping centre.

But.... I don't get out as much as I used to, lucky I got that 21 year old brunette home help :p

Did they close them all then?
Non in my 'Town' Flopps ... ask in the Link as they were selling loads of BT stuff ... had to use a payphone, it was free though. :thumb:

Maybe down your way they is a little slow to close shops. :D

Reaction score
Thanks for the pointers guys, never even thought about requesting a new phone number.

Will give BT a 'buzz' later on today! - Fingers crossed!

Ask a Question