3DA165B6-CC41-11d2-BDC6--00C24F79EC6B

Bill Franklin

I have this registry key in my system and can not remove
it. Fi-it Utilities deletes it, but it is (probably)
regenerated again immediately. Ihave deleted it manually
from the registry through Fix-it, and through
the "regedit" command in normal and safe modes. I
believe this is the reason Norton's Disk Doctor will not
run and gives me a message telling me that "the operating
system, or another process, currently has exclusive access
to this(C) drive, or some of its files". My guess is that
some malicious code is regenerating the key for some
unknown reason, and I don't know where it is coming from.

Does anyone know what this thing is and how to get rid of
it and whatever keeps regenerating it?

Bill Franklin

Sorry, I should have included this. The path is:

HKEY_LOCAL MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes|CLSID