3D Imagery and TVs?

Reaction score
I have religiously held myself from buying a large screen flat TV, for the fear of 3D TV finding its way to the shelves 6 months after I buy the thing!

What I've realised with these clever producers is that they often have the next generation of electronic equipment in hand but on hold in terms of mass productioin, because they are waiting for the market to get saturated with the old one first.

Does anyone know if anything in the 3D display techniques have been developed and expected in the near future? I feel strongly that is next to follow (I know that there are already computer screens producing 3D imagery).

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
3D displays have been round for a long time, I've got a 3D monitor on my desk at Uni - and I know that there are 42" 3D plasma screens if you can fork out £7.5k:

http://www.inition.co.uk/inition/product.php?URL_=product_stereovis_philips&SubCatID_=0

The problem is the lack of content available for the screens and the problem with viewing sweetspots (if it is autostereoscopic), or the need for polarising glasses.

It wouldn't surprise me if 3D TV's hit it back in 10-15 years time, but I can't imagine anything too imminent :)

Ask a Question