360 Degree View From The Shard

nivrip

Yorkshire Cruncher
Reaction score
You will be somewhat interested in this view of London from the top of the “Shard” the latest high structure in the City, its crystalline façade rearing 1,016 ft over the London skyline as Europe's tallest building to date.

For your information - floors 2- 28 are offices. 31 – 33 high class restaurants. 34 – 52 is a 5 star hotel complex. 53 -65 is residential accommodation on top of which comes the observation lounges on floors 68 – 72.

You can have much fun swinging the view around (as per the screen instructions) zoom in and out – traverse 360 deg. And see London as never before. Following the long straight rail line approaching – and zooming in on the horizon you will see Greenwich and beyond that on the skyline, Shooters Hill and its water tower.

It is almost impossible to be anywhere in Greater London and NOT see the ‘shard’ now.

Move cursor or left/right/up down arrows to see an all round view of London .

Here's the link-
www.willpearson.co.uk/virtual-tour/shard-360-dusk/

Last edited:

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Good stuff niv, I can see lottsa familiar places from that panorama. Below is a pic with a little white reticule indicating where I live, it's left and slightly lower than centre. The pic is a bit big (hopefully shrunk by forum tools) but when I reduced the pic the white marker became indistinct. The pic is at full zoom.

To the left of the marker is the white spire of St Alfeges church in the town centre; above that the observatory in the park then a bit to the left the twin domes at Greenwich University designed by Christopher Wren.

shardpic2.jpg

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
Beat me to it Flops , was going to ask if you could see your pad. That is a great find nivrip. :thumb:

Reaction score
Even i can see it and i'm a good 16 miles away.
Have been invited to go up it by friends, dont know if i will go or not?

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
That's a fantastic panorama - a wonderful birds-eye view of the city. It's hard to imagine there are trees and green spaces amongst all of those buildings; yet I know they're there, 'cause some of Sir Flopps' pics have proved it. :)

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
We need green spaces to live and breathe, I believe even the blue meanies realised that, much to their chagrin of course, they'd really have rather filled them spaces with concrete bricks and mortar and swelled their bank balance.

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
We need green spaces to live and breathe, I believe even the blue meanies realised that, much to their chagrin of course, they'd really have rather filled them spaces with concrete bricks and mortar and swelled their bank balance.
Yes, I totally agree with you. To be honest, I find it quite saddening to see green belts shrinking, as fields and leafy places are built upon. (Some) folk are also becoming very "anti-tree" these days... :(

nivrip

Yorkshire Cruncher
Reaction score
(Some) folk are also becoming very "anti-tree" these days... :(

Let's hope it never comes to this -

attachment.php

We need every tree we can get. For the sake of the dogs but also to keep the oxygen/CO2 balance stable. :D

Attachments

• Trees.JPG
    Trees.JPG
    163.2 KB · Views: 203

Ask a Question