3200 or 3500

Reaction score
What would be the best buy all round between a 3200 and 3500 venice core chip?

I have read elsewhere that you can easily overclock a 3200 to run similiar to 3500 performance.

Therefore has the 3500 got much potential to be overclocked, logically, to a 3800?

I know there are alot of external hardware variables to take into acount as well. Also to the price is a small factor as well.

I also understand that the chip architecture between a 3500 and a 3800 changes somewhat as well.

Any sensible advice?

Reaction score
I posted this query to find out what overclocking room I have between these chips and what kind of heat problems I could face?

Me__2001

Internet Junkie
Reaction score
either one will have quite alot of room for overclocking you should be able to get atleast 300Mhz out of it, if you start going above 2-300Mhz OC your gonna need to start upgrading the HSF to something like an XP-90/120 or water cooling

Reaction score
So if I put one of those zalman all copper, weighs a ton, fan on, I could potentially clock higher speeds than the AMD standard fan?

I have also heard that the Arctic cooling Freezer 64 has had good reports
as well.

Also has anybody had any first hand experiences with the Zalman reserator cooling systems. Any advice would be great!
I plan to build my system around a ASUS A8 SLI motherboard, GeForce 6800GT graphics and a Tsunami Dream Case with Tagan PSU.

Any advice would be great!

Me__2001

Internet Junkie
Reaction score
the cooler you can keep the CPU the more of an OC you can get, so yes one of those Zalman things will make a difference, the Zalman reservator seems to be good in the reviews i've read but its not really aimed at being a hardcore cooler more of a silent solution

crazylegs

Member Extraordinaire
Reaction score
The reviews i have read on the zalman Reserator praise it very highly for keeping temps down even when overclocking, it is a completely silent solution, and looks fantastic next to any pc, and a real talking point...the price has dropped since it was released on the market about 18 months to 2 years ago so is a very good option for cooling at the moment.....Being Liquid cooling it will keep anything much cooler than just running your rig on Air that includes any non standard HSF....

Ask a Question