32" LCD TV as monitor

kj

Hi

Im using my 32" LCD TV as a second monitor, connected through my ati
9600 card. Problem is, the full screen of the windows desktop is never
shown on the TV. If I drag the mouse out of bounds, the picture scrolls
with it to display the areas not shown. Where lies the problem here?

If I, on the other hand, run a movie clip through windows media player,
this is displayed properly with the full picture shown.. Why is this
not true for the desktop and other applications?!?...

Thanks!

Marc Hulsebosch

> Hi

Im using my 32" LCD TV as a second monitor, connected through my ati
9600 card. Problem is, the full screen of the windows desktop is never
shown on the TV. If I drag the mouse out of bounds, the picture scrolls
with it to display the areas not shown. Where lies the problem here?

If I, on the other hand, run a movie clip through windows media player,
this is displayed properly with the full picture shown.. Why is this
not true for the desktop and other applications?!?...

Thanks!

After reading your post, I found a guy who wanted exactly this to
happen, and in the reactions they said it could help to change the
resolution.

Marc

kj

After reading your post, I found a guy who wanted exactly this to
happen, and in the reactions they said it could help to change the
resolution.

Marc

Thanks. I use the max resolution possible through the display settings
in windows XP (2048x1536) but it doesnt seem to be enough...

BruceM

You need to pick one with the right ratio.
eg a normal monitor is 3:4 ratio.
Your screen might be 16:9 or something?

Ian East

>Im using my 32" LCD TV as a second monitor, connected through my ati
9600 card. Problem is, the full screen of the windows desktop is never
shown on the TV. If I drag the mouse out of bounds, the picture scrolls
with it to display the areas not shown. Where lies the problem here?

If I, on the other hand, run a movie clip through windows media player,
this is displayed properly with the full picture shown.. Why is this
not true for the desktop and other applications?!?...

Thanks!

This is because your desktop resolution is greater than the maximum
resolution the TV is capable of. You'll probalby want to switch to a
smaller resolution or preferably find the maximum resolution of your
TV and set your desktop to be that. Remember TV's are generally much
lower resolution than computer monitors.

Noozer

wrote in message
Hi

Im using my 32" LCD TV as a second monitor, connected through my ati
9600 card. Problem is, the full screen of the windows desktop is never
shown on the TV. If I drag the mouse out of bounds, the picture scrolls
with it to display the areas not shown. Where lies the problem here?

The resolution is set too high, so windows lets you scroll around to see the
whole thing.

What is the native resolution of your TV? That's the best resolution to run.

There is also a program called Powerstrip that allows you to adjust your
resolutions and refresh rates. It's very handy for adjusting your resolution
to match your TV.

BlastUK

computers have a landscape ratio and as a general rule, width comes
before height..
it's 4:3 not 3:4

adjust your resolution to 1024x768 then work your way up from there, i
find 1024x728 fits perfectly for me