3/4 of my Programs in Control Panel Are Missing

Rocky 2

Everything after filechecker in my add-remove are GONE. I did several Go
Backs, even back to 7-1-04, and nothing brings them back. I wanted to
remove FireFox, because it was putting sale adds in my task bar with a
blinking bell, and every time I opened MSN 9, FireFox took over as the
browser, and I didn't have it checked to, My Default Browser. That's
when I discovered everything past filechecker was no longer in my
add-remove. Missing are about 20+ programs.
They are still in Programs on the start menu, How can I get these
programs to show up again, in Add-Remove. I can't un-install any of
them, if they do not show up there, unless they come with an
un-installer with their program. Any Help Appreciated. TIA

Wesley Vogel

Look at the scroll bar, scroll clear down. You may have a huge white space,
not missing items.

Go here:

Read instructions at the top
Scroll down to:
226. Right hand side
Click on:
Remove the White Space from Add or Remove

You may have to run this edit every time you add or remove a program ;-(

Wesley Vogel

Look at the scroll bar, scroll clear down. You may have a huge white space,
not missing items.

Go here:

Read instructions at the top
Scroll down to:
226. Right hand side
Click on:
Remove the White Space from Add or Remove

You may have to run this edit every time you add or remove a program ;-(

Rocky 2

Thanks for the url, I will check it out later this evening. I've been on
the pc all day. I downloaded and installed FireFox. No white spaces in
Add - Remove. FireFox doesn't show up in Add- Remove. It Stops at
filechecker. Today my Nortons Works is up for renewal, and I bought the
2004, but can't un-install Nortons 2003, because it doesn't show up in
Add-Remove. Another problem. Thanks again for your help, I will let you
know if your site helped.

Rocky 2

Thanks Wes for your help, posting that info. I just had to check out the
url right away.
I removed the last entry in Add-Remove, like the info. suggested, and
everything showed up again. I saved that url, just in case :). You're
a life saver for sure. I can't thank you enough.

Wesley Vogel

Hey Rocky,

I thought that was the AutoCad fix. Kelly changed the link. Kool!!

Glad you got fixed up. ;-)

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.
Wes

In

Wesley Vogel said:
Look at the scroll bar, scroll clear down. You may have a huge white space,
not missing items.

Go here:

Read instructions at the top
Scroll down to:
226. Right hand side
Click on:
Remove the White Space from Add or Remove

You may have to run this edit every time you add or remove a program ;-(

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.
Wes

In

Being a newbie how does one delete the white space?
FYI:
the same thing happened before I installed SP2. What I did then is sort by
"last date used" but that is not working this go around.

TIA,
Spiderrman

Rocky 2

I posted this same question awhile back, and found the answer in Kellys.
I had to remove the last entry on the list, that solved my problem, but
be sure you check that no more programs are on your screen, between the
white space. HTH

~R~

Chad Harris

Spiderrname--

You might try the control panel classic view and see what happens when you
type control into your run box:

Windows key+ r=run box then type "control" without quotes. Does it come up
then?

This is who Kelly is:

Go to A-Z and look up Control Panel and Go To Tweaks and search for control
panel items.

Microsoft-MVP Windows® XP
2004 Windows MVP "Winny" Award

Troubleshooting Windows XP
http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com

Taskbar Repair Tool Plus!

Chad Harris
_______________________________________

Thank you. I guess I'll have to figure what or who Kellys is.
BTW, my last entry is Winzip and I don't know if I want to remove that what
with it being registered.

Spiderman

Chad Harris

Spiderman--

Do you have any System Restore Points to times before these programs went
missing? Put "restore" no quotes in your run box and then click "rstrui"
(3rd item down).

"Where in the hell are Kelly's links?" Hit the buttons on the home page and
drill the site.

This link may be of additional help in restoring your missing Ctrl Panel
Icons/Programs:

http://faq.arstechnica.com/link.php?i=1841

http://episteme.arstechnica.com/6/ubb.x?a=tpc&s=50009562&f=99609816&m=4300942865Tweak UI 4th Download Link on the Righthttp://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/downloads/powertoys/xppowertoys.mspxTroubleshooting Windows XPhttp://www.kellys-korner-xp.comhttp://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_tweaks.htmTaskbar Repair Tool Plus!http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/taskbarplus!.htmWindows XP A-Zhttp://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_abc.htmTroubleshooting Side XP Issueshttp://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_side_issues.htmhth,Chad Harris____________________________________________"spiderman" <[email protected]> wrote in messagehave Control Panel come up as a menu. Just to see, I switched to classicview with the same results.I will experiment with Kellys when I find it. I saw A-Z the other day when Ifirst started troubleshooting this but I'll be damned if remember where inthe hell that was. It is mind boggling with all the links.Spiderman"Chad Harris" wrote:> Spiderrname-->> You might try the control panel classic view and see what happens when you> type control into your run box:>> Windows key+ r=run box then type "control" without quotes. Does it comeup> then?>>> This is who Kelly is:>> Go to A-Z and look up Control Panel and Go To Tweaks and search forcontrol> panel items.>> Microsoft-MVP Windows® XP> 2004 Windows MVP "Winny" Award>> Troubleshooting Windows XP> http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com>> Taskbar Repair Tool Plus!> http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/taskbarplus!.htm>> Chad Harris> _______________________________________>>> "spiderrname" <[email protected]> wrote in message> Thank you. I guess I'll have to figure what or who Kellys is.> BTW, my last entry is Winzip and I don't know if I want to remove thatwhat> with it being registered.>> Spiderman>> "Rocky 2" wrote:>> > I posted this same question awhile back, and found the answer in Kellys.> > I had to remove the last entry on the list, that solved my problem, but> > be sure you check that no more programs are on your screen, between the> > white space. HTH> >> > ~R~> >> >>>>

Chad Harris

Spiderman--

Do you have any System Restore Points to times before these programs went
missing? Put "restore" no quotes in your run box and then click "rstrui"
(3rd item down).

This link may be of additional help in restoring your missing Ctrl Panel
Icons/Programs:

Restoring Control Panel Icons:
http://faq.arstechnica.com/link.php?i=1841

http://episteme.arstechnica.com/6/ubb.x?

Download Tweak UI (4th Down Right)
a=tpc&s=50009562&f=99609816&m=4300942865

"Where in the hell are Kelly's links?" Hit the buttons on the home page and
drill the site; it's right in front of you.

Troubleshooting Windows XP
http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com

Windows XP from A to Z

Chad Harris
__________________________________

Thanks.

I have Control Panel come up as a menu. Just to see, I switched to classic
view with the same results.
I will experiment with Kellys when I find it. I saw A-Z the other day when I
first started troubleshooting this but I'll be damned if remember where in
the hell that was. It is mind boggling with all the links.

Spiderman

I think I'd better leave well enough alone before I totally trash my PC.
I guess I can live with this.
Thanks for your help.

Spiderman

Rocky 2

Un-install Win Zip, I had Win Zip paid software also. Your programs will
return to your control panel. Reinstall Win Zip, and check for updates,
they just had one recently, I received the info in an email from them.
HTH---BTW I think it's something like # 206 In Kellys, I saved it
somewhere. I'll look for it if this doesn't work for you. Also check the
last entry listed in Control panel, before the white space appears, this
program most likely is causing your program. HTH

~R~

Rocky 2

Try my last suggestion first, before removing Win Zip, but still check
for up-dates. {Previous Post} Sept 16

~R~