24 hrs wasted I'm disgusted

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
So have I really wasted 24 hours of my pc time and all the money that it costs to run the pc . If so I think thats it bloody awful .

wallbash.gif
:mad:

Attachments

• 2008-03-03_092111.png
    2008-03-03_092111.png
    46.5 KB · Views: 177
  • 2008-03-03_092157.png
    2008-03-03_092157.png
    81.8 KB · Views: 168
Reaction score
I lost 9 hours to a one hour DDDT unit.........it just kept right on going for over 9 hours, then finally errored out.

Keep plugging away, these things happen occasionally

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
Hmmm, if you think it is a waste of "time & money" then perhaps you're under a misconception you were gonna get paid for the 'job' ... :rolleyes:

We 'volunteer' our PC's to help, the software hiccups are to be expected as with any software, it ain't perfect.

I like to think that one day all this "processing power" will shed some light on these diseases that take a lot of peoples lives unessasarily. I can't contribute financially, unless you take into account my electric bill, processing time I don't use, I'm more than willing to donate.

It is annoying to find your PC has been working away for hours only to throw back an error result, we have all been there, however, I feel we can be all proud of ourselves for doing what little we can. :thumb:

I do hope you continue to help fight the fight, your PCs make a great contribution to the whole, not just to the PCReview Crew. :bow:

:user:

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
Hmmm, if you think it is a waste of "time & money" then perhaps you're under a misconception you were gonna get paid for the 'job' .

No misconception here . I'm not brain dead you know .

We 'volunteer' our PC's to help, the software hiccups are to be expected as with any software, it ain't perfect.

Hiccups , software . Don't get me going on this subject .

I like to think that one day all this "processing power" will shed some light on these diseases that take a lot of peoples lives unessasarily

Me too.

I can't contribute financially, unless you take into account my electric bill, processing time I don't use, I'm more than willing to donate.

Me too.

It is annoying to find your PC has been working away for hours only to throw back an error result, we have all been there, however, I feel we can be all proud of ourselves for doing what little we can.

Now I'm a little bit proud and still disgusted .

I do hope you continue to help fight the fight, your PCs make a great contribution to the whole, not just to the PCReview Crew

Humph !

P.S.

I'm on week 7 of stopping smoking and day three of a nasty flu bug . Tetchy , who me .

:D

Adywebb

Growing old....
Reaction score
Abarbarian said:
So have I really wasted 24 hours of my pc time and all the money that it costs to run the pc . If so I think thats it bloody awful .

wallbash.gif
:mad:
Am I missing something here - all those results in your attached images are either valid or pending validation - I don't see any errors or invalids......what exactly is the problem :confused:

Adywebb

Growing old....
Reaction score
Not necessarily - the only way to know for sure is to go to 'results status' and use the dropdown menu to search for 'error' or 'invalid'.....go have a look and see if you have any - if so post a screeny of them please :thumb:

Reaction score
As Ady stated if they don't have 'invalid' or 'error' then your running just fine. The Pending validation is usally waiting on another donor to finish the WU. If you open 'click' on the unit in question it will show numer of rigs working on the unit, and number needed to validate. So depending on what your running it could be a day or more before they validate, and you get credit.

Rick

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
I just do it.

If WCG/BOINC/Cancer/AIDS/Mickey Mouse/His Majesty King Tut mess up - so what?

I take a deep breath and start again.

We may try our hardest but we are at the mercy of software compilers are we not?

Who gives a monkeys?

Just do it :thumb:

Spezi

Wolf Cruncher
Reaction score
I'm with Ady on this. I looked at your screenshots and I don't see an issue.

If you see "error" repeatedly where it says "pending validation" then you have something to worry about but only if you get a lot of them.

Every now and then a work unit tosses up an error too and it's just par for the course.

Have yerself a nice hot toddy.
nod.gif
:)

Does wonders for the flu it does. Especially if you have about a dozen of them. :D

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
floppybootstomp said:
We may try our hardest but we are at the mercy of software compilers are we not?

Not for much longer . I'm going to have a go at the Linux path to enlightenment ..

:p
laughingsmiley.gif
laughingsmiley.gif

Thanks for all the input guys .

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
rwillis said:
As Ady stated if they don't have 'invalid' or 'error' then your running just fine. The Pending validation is usally waiting on another donor to finish the WU. If you open 'click' on the unit in question it will show numer of rigs working on the unit, and number needed to validate. So depending on what your running it could be a day or more before they validate, and you get credit.

Rick

So this is what you mean . I had not realised that other peeps were doing the same unit .

nod.gif

Attachments

• 2008-03-05_093706.png
    2008-03-05_093706.png
    50.3 KB · Views: 148
Reaction score
As I understand it each work unit is issued twice (or more) so the findings can be compared/validated.
That's why sometimes a unit can be pending for a while......the other person with an issue of a given unit could be on a much slower machine.

I still have a couple pending from 28th Feb.

Ask a Question