2007 to 2003 Rollback Issues - Please Help!

Reaction score
The PC in question had Office 2007 installed on it, which, although working fine, was unsuitable for a variety of reasons.

Consequently, I uninstalled 2007, and cleaned out every instance of it from the Add/Remove Programs list. I then rebooted the PC and installed a copy of Office 2003 Professional (all my copies of Office are original discs).

The installation went fine, and 2003 was installed. Every part of Office (Word, Excel, Access) works perfectly, except Outlook...

Outlook boots and runs ok for all its principle uses (I can send and receive email just fine). However, I cannot print any email, either by clicking the Print icon, or by going to File then Print. Every time I do, the following error appears: "The messaging interface has returned an unknown error. If this problem persists, please restart Outlook".
The second problem is that I cannot add any appointments or events to my calendar. Again, every time I try, I get the same message, this time when I click 'Save and Close' having setup the details of my appointment.

So far, without the slightest success, I have tried:

1) Reinstalling Office 2003 (three times)
2) Registering the ole32.dll library
3) Unticking Taskpad in Outlook
4) Downloading and applying the Office SP3 patch
4) Download and applying the 2007 compatability patch

Nothing works. I am still plagued by the same two problems, which may not seem that vital, but are very important for me.

Can anybody please suggest anything that might help?

Ask a Question