2003 Outlook Calendar - End date before start date error

Reaction score
I am running Office 2003 on Windows XP on a desktop computer. I recently had an issue with Outlook. I ran the Inbox Repair Tool, Scanpst.exe. This fixed the email and the contacts, but now if I go to the calendar and try to open a calendar item I get the message. "Can't open this item. The end date you entered occurs before the start date."

I can see all the calendar entries that I had before the fix, but I cannot open them. The all appear on the correct dates and for the correct amount of time in the Calendar views. I also get reminders for several of them and the due date is listed as now when I first get the reminders. I can enter a new Calendar item and every thing looks normal until I click on Save, then the box for entering the calendar item disappears as normal, but the new item does not appear in the calendar. I did an export to Excel from the Calendar and only the newly added items appear. The items that show in the Calendar do not get exported.

Does anyone know how to correct the calendar? Or, does anyone know how to destroy this calendar so I can start over with a new one that works properly? I would like to keep the email and contacts information. Thank you.

Ask a Question