2 Standby problems

Reaction score
Hi everyone, hope you can help me!

1. I have just bought a new Tiny (yes I risked it) and it seems to put itself on standby after about 20-30 minutes EVEN though I have disabled in the control panel and turned off hibernation. Any Ideas?

2. Also if I manually put the computer on stand by it does not come back on the monitor simply stays blank. It won't wake via the mouse or keyboard etc. I have set the power button on my computer to act as a stand by button and this puts the computer on stand by fine, but it also does not seem to power it back up when pressed again.

For Info: I have a Samsung monitor that I simply plugged in with no drivers and it works fine. I searched the Samsung website for drivers but there are no downloads. I also have a wireless keyboard and mouse that also have no drivers installed but also work fine. The are flashing LEDs on the keyborad/mouse reciever that flash when I move the mouse normally. However when in standby and I press the keyboard or move the mouse the reciever does not flash suggesting the computer is not detecting any movement.

Please help anyone!

Last edited:
Reaction score
What about a special program on your PC?

On my Dell laptop, There is a program called "dell quick set" it will configure the power options like low battery alarms, stand by after a set period of time and the display brightness

Is there any thing like this on your PC?

Reaction score
I can't see any programs like that, I have few programs on the computer and the PC came very junk free, something must be controlling it somewhere though!

I just went and had dinner and came back to find it on stand by again! Had to hit the power button!!

Reaction score
check you power options. must be sumthin there.

also i have encountered this kind of stuff before when i was working back with dell. could be a driver conflict.

Reaction score
How would I go about checking settings in the BIOS?

I have spent a great deal of time playing around with the power options and everything is set to 'never' and hibernate is not enabled but it still does it!

Thanks for any help

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
How would I go about checking settings in the BIOS?
By telling us which Tiny you bought, modle & number. :D

Reaction score
when reading the tech specs you really do see how Tiny cut corners...

2Mb cache SATA hdd
PC2700RAM with a P4
recovery disk...

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
Found the MB manual, and what a long route to get it. :rolleyes:

http://www.fica.com/site/html/services/BIOS.asp

Video Off Option
This feature provides the selections of the video display power saving mode. The option Suspend - Off allows the video display to go blank if the system enters Suspend mode. The option All Modes - Off allows the video display to go blank if the system enters Doze mode or Suspend mode. The option Always On allows the video display to stay in Standby mode even when the system enters Doze or Suspend mode.

The options are: Suspend - Off, All Modes -> Off, Always On.​
I sugest you set it to "Always On" ;)

Reaction score
Thaks for the help guys, I am getting so annoyed now!! Just phoned Tiny, what a waste of time!

I don't consider myself to be a pro or anything but feel like such an amatuer! How do I enter the BIOS I have tried F2 but no joy. When I start my PC the screen is offset about four lines to the left during start up so a can not see it telling me what key to press.

Thanks again, I really need your help!

Reaction score
Right! Managed to get into BIOS (it was delete) and found the options. I only had a choice of two, 'Suspend Off' and 'Always On'. It was set to 'Supend Off' so I changed it and saved the changes but still no joy!

Any further ideas?!

Thanks alot for finding that info muckshifter

Reaction score
That is what I did!

I set my monitor to go on stand by after one minute last night and when that went off I moved my mouse and it came back on, so that works ok, not sure if this helps but I thought I would put it down.

Ask a Question