2 DNs servers on Diff subnets

G

Hi, how do i connect server
A. 169.254.10.10
and server B 10.10.0.5 to c each other

i have 1 network card , in server B with 2 ip address, i can ping the subnet of A. Ie/
10.10.0.5 has 2nd ip or 169.254.10.11 and can ping 169.254.10.10
but it cant ping the NAME of it.

so how do i set up a link between DNS A. and DNS B. ?

prolly confused u all in the Q. but any ideas

M

Michael Johnston [MSFT]

Set up secondaries of the other zone on each DNS server. For instance, DNS server A would get a secondary of the zone on DNS server B. DNS B would
then be configured with a secondary of the zone on DNS A. Make sure that each server allows zone tranfers for the zones they are primary for and transfer the
zone over. That would get you FQDN resolution (fully qualified domain name). If you need host names to resolve, you will need to setup a DNS suffix search
order to include the DNS suffix of the other domain. This is done through the Advanced properties of TCP/IP on the DNS tab.

Thank you,
Mike Johnston
Microsoft Network Support
--

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Use of included script samples are subject to the terms specified at
http://www.microsoft.com/info/cpyright.htm

Note: For the benefit of the community-at-large, all responses to this message are best directed to the newsgroup/thread from which they originated.

G

ok thats all done . and thx.

But do i need to set up the suffix search order on every client that wants to c the other domain hosts ? coz that seems to be the only way i can get a ping NAME reply.

Ask a Question