    no difference.

    Could someone please advise me. Much appreciated.

    Many thanks.

    aylwin Netto, Jun 26, 2004

  2. Hello,

    I understand that when you try installing the software, the system displays
    following error message.

    1607: Unable to Install InstallShield Scripting Runtime

    Please check the following suggestion and check if the issue is resolved.

    1. Make sure that the system account has full control permission to the
    folder where the installable is stored.

    2. Reinstall the InstallScript engine by running the ISScript.msi file
    located in the following location:

    <ProgramFiles>\InstallShield\Developer\Redist\Language Independent\i386

    3. Upgrade to the latest version of InstallShield Developer.

    4. Follow the steps below to set the proper permissions to the
    <WindowsFolder>\Installer folder:

    Locate the folder <WindowsFolder>\Installer. (For example, on Windows 2000,
    this folder would be C:\WINNT\Installer.)*
    Right-click the Installer folder, and choose Properties.
    Select the Security tab.

    5. Make sure the system, as well as the specific user, has full control of
    this folder.
    *Note: This folder is hidden by default in the Windows environment.
    Therefore, it may be necessary to enter this path directly in the Windows
    Start | Run dialog to access this folder.

    6. Properly register the file msiexec.exe by using the following command
    line:
    <WindowsFolder>\System32\msiexec.exe /REGSERVER

    This command line can be entered in the Windows Start | Run dialog, after
    replacing <WindowsFolder> with the location of the Windows folder.

    7. After registering the file msiexec.exe manually, open the Microsoft
    Windows Event Viewer if the error still occurs.

    Hope the issue is resolved.

    Thank you,

    Rashmi

    --------------------
    From: "aylwin Netto" <>
    Sender: "aylwin Netto" <>
    Subject: 1607 : Unable to Install InstallShield Scripting Runtime
    Date: Sat, 26 Jun 2004 05:39:25 -0700
    Newsgroups: microsoft.public.win2000.games

    I just bought 2 Football CD and was unable to install
    them. Each time I load any on the CD's the following
    message appears.

    1607 : Unable to Install InstallShield Scripting Runtime

    Could someone please tell me how to overcome this problem.
    I have also tried installing W2k SP3 but there seems to be

    Rashmi.K.Y [MSFT], Jun 29, 2004

  3. aylwin Netto

    ahart5530

    Joined:
    Jun 6, 2009
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    ahart5530, Jun 6, 2009
  4. aylwin Netto

    miki

    Joined:
    Sep 21, 2011
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    You may not need to do anything else exept change dvd reader. I had the same problem until i simply put dvd in pioneer instead of lg. the game started without any problem. no more eror 1607.

    miki, Sep 21, 2011
  5. aylwin Netto

    karthi

    Joined:
    Sep 29, 2011
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    hi rashmi ... thank you.... very much... its worked for me.....

    karthi, Sep 29, 2011