118000: Mobile phone directory to launch

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Didn't see this posted anywhere before, but is worth mentioning again imo, Below is an extract from an email i've received from work......

Early next week a large number of UK mobile phone numbers will be available on a directory. This will mean that anyone can contact you indirectly via 118800

If like me, you only want to give your number to people you choose, it is easy to unsubscribe… see below:

Removal from this directory has also been recommended by the BBC program `working week` see their website for the report.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/programmes/working_lunch/8091621.stm

TO STAY EX DIRECTORY GO TO: www.118800.co.uk/

Then follow the links to EX DIRECTORY to unsubscribe………….

They will ask you to input your mobile phone number.

They will then text you a 5 digit code which you input into a box on the site
Then you will be unsubscribed from the directory.

Sorry if this has taken up your time but I thought this may be useful to some of you.

Reaction score
I was listening to a radio phone in last night about this subject.And from what I understood about it is that not every one, with a mobile phone, will be on the directory. Only users who are professional people, of all hue, and all those people who hand out their phone numbers to all in sundry will be on it. But ordinary folk who don`t use the phone a great deal will not be included,not much point I suppose.That`s the way I understood it,I could be wrong.
historian

Ask a Question