100 undeliverables in inbox to Rutgers.edu today. Virus?

Ed Jones

Does anyone know what this is? I assume its a virus but Norton finds
nothing

ThanksED

Beauregard T. Shagnasty

Ed said:
Does anyone know what this is? I assume its a virus but Norton
finds nothing

Bounce messages?

Probably just your turn in the barrel. A spammer used your address as
the FROM address. The bounces will stop when the spam run is exhausted.

David H. Lipman

From: "Ed Jones" <[email protected]>

| One of the returned emails that it said I sent said this below:
| (I did not bother clickng the link...god knows where it will take me)

But was there an attachment ?

I went there but I don't speak/understand German.

Chances are your email address was in a peer's addressbook. They were infected with a
Internet worm mass mailing virus that harvested your email address from the peer's computer.
It then sent itself to numerous users using your email address the you received the failed
mail messages.

Ed Jones

I know now I am not the only one....I am on an ESPN baseball league.....I
happened to go to the main message board and there are at least dozens who
are compaining about the same thing happening to them....it will be
interesting to see what this as it appears it is widespread....

FredW

Ed Jones pretended :