007 questions

Gklass

How do I add some new chart styles (say, with different line widths)?

Is it possible to record a macro that changes the chart size?
(I've recorded it, but nothing happens when I run it)

Has anyone developed a data labels macro or add-in yet?

Jon Peltier

I haven't gotten around to investigating the new chart template mechanism. I
have gone through macro recording, though. Do you still have 2003? Record
the macro there. It may not take into account the new formatting features,
but the macro still ought to work in 2007.

- Jon

Jon Peltier

All recorded procedures are less than optimum/ Or do you mean the
two-version-of-Excel procedure to record a macro? It is certainly less
productive than a macro recorder that worked in 2007, but I find all of 2007
makes me less productive than I was in 2003. The ribbon never shows the set
of commands I want at any given time, I can't customize the ribbon easily,
and the redesigned dialogs force more clicks to get the same results (and I
can no longer trust Ctrl-Y or Ctrl-Z to repeat or undo actions).

- Jon

James Silverton

Hello, Gklass!
You wrote on 4 Feb 2007 12:20:57 -0800:

G> Is it possible to record a macro that changes the chart
G> size? (I've recorded it, but nothing happens when I run it)

Sorry, I couldn't resist! I think I would ask Ms Moneypenny!

Bond, James Bond!

jtomdd

Hello, Gklass!
You wrote on 4 Feb 2007 12:20:57 -0800:

G> Is it possible to record a macro that changes the chart
G> size? (I've recorded it, but nothing happens when I run it)

Sorry, I couldn't resist! I think I would ask Ms Moneypenny!

Bond, James Bond!

I had a similar problem and Andy Poe made the following suggestion
which worked like a charm:

Something like this will select the most recent chart object on the
activesheet.

Dim objCht as ChartObject

set objCht = activesheet.chartobjects(activesheet.chartobjects.count)
objcht.width = 350
objcht.height = 250

Good luck

Tom