Multimedia audio controller

G

Alright heres the problem. I just got my new pc, I go to plug in my new sound card (Creative labs sound blaster live! 5.1
and I get a install new driver. for multimedia audio device. I don't have one on the cd that came with the card. in device manager it says that it is not configured properly. help please.

G

Go to Creative Lab's web site and see if you can download the driver files/software needed for your card.

-IVE

R

randwulf57

Chris:
Drivers & support for Creative sound cards...
http://www.creative.com/
--
randwulf57

Chris said:
Alright heres the problem. I just got my new pc, I go to plug in my new
sound card (Creative labs sound blaster live! 5.1)
and I get a install new driver. for multimedia audio device. I don't have
one on the cd that came with the card. in device manager it says that it is
not configured properly. help please.

G

Do you have any hardware conflicts in the Device Manager -- Does it say exactly what the conflict is? Is there any onboard sound enabled that may be causing a conflict? Can possibly try different resource assignment than the defaults on the resources tab. Did you try uninstalling the device and reinstalling it from the beginning with the downloaded drivers?

-IVE

G

Any information on what the conflict is? If you had onboard sound, you'd likely see built-in speaker jacks in the back of your PC, in addition to the jacks for your SoundBlaster. You can enable/disable onboard hardware components in the system BIOS when you boot up the computer (usually the Del key or F1, F2, etc.

I'm not convinced this is the problem, though. What happened to the original CD-ROM for this hardware? You can also try contacting Creative Labs Customer Support and see what they have to say

-IVE

Ask a Question