Graphics card reviews - 8 July 2016

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
Reviews of graphics cards are flooding my news inbox at the moment, so rather than picking just one to share I thought I'd give you four :)

Gigabyte GTX 1070 G1 Gaming @ Lan OC
So is the Gigabyte GTX 1070 G1 Gaming the 1070 to get? Well it does have one of the highest clock speeds available right out of the box (especially in its OC Mode) and you know it’s going to perform. I would really like to see it run a little cooler and quieter but frankly, it is still going to run cooler than a Founders Edition card and it is shorter than the MSI offer so it will actually fit in most cases.

Radeon RX 480 Compatibility Mode Benchmarks in Crimson 16.7.1 @ Legit Reviews
For this article we will be comparing the original RX 480 public driver (Crimson 16.6.2 WHQL) to Crimson 16.7.1 Beta that came out yesterday afternoon. We ran the Crimson 16.7.1 Beta drivers with Compatibility mode enabled and disabled to see what happened to performance.

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 @ Tech ARP
So this is our unboxing and hands-on preview of the NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 Founder’s Editiongraphics card. Something for you to drool over until the launch day on July 19, 2016.

ASUS STRIX GAMING GTX 1080 @ eTeknix
When it comes to performance, the GTX 1080 consistently destroys every other single card on the market today and it’s able to cope with high visual presets on a 4K monitor. There’s not a huge difference between custom GTX 1080s according to the results thus far but this may change when I test a cheaper model with lower clock speeds.

Ask a Question