AI Tech Support - BETA feature

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
You may have heard of ChatGPT before - it has been in the news recently as it is a next-generation AI that can answer questions in a very believable and realistic way.

I've rolled out a BETA feature, which is very much a test, to see how it works on a forum. If you've got a technical support question that you want an instant answer to, you can try to post it in the new AI Tech Support section. It is not meant to be a substitute to the real user support on the forum, but an interesting way to see how AI technology may impact technical support in future.

If you'd like to try it, please post a thread asking a sensible question. There is a cost for each time the bot is used, so please only use it for sensible technical support questions (it's fine to ask it test questions if they're tech support related, in fact, I encourage it!).

I'd be interested to know what you think, as I've not seen ChatGPT work on a forum before. It's very much an experiment that I hope you find fun, as fellow tech enthusiasts :D.

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
oops, I just banned you for spam ... if I can ban the Admin?

How do I unspam you?

I think I'm in deep shit

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
I unbaned you ...

... I'll get me coat

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I'm interested to see how this experiment goes - glad to see people giving it a test.

EvanDavis

Silly Fool
Reaction score
Sounds and looks intresting but I still prefer getting advice from humans. I think getting it from humans is also good because it can start discussion and debate.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Sounds and looks intresting but I still prefer getting advice from humans. I think getting it from humans is also good because it can start discussion and debate.
Totally agree with you Evan, it’s a bit of an experiment really - not something that would take over the forum and might just be a temporary thing that lasts a month. Thought it was an interesting thing to try as it’s such a powerful tool, especially for coding queries.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I've made some improvements to the AI Answer Bot, so it might give some better answers if it is missing some context. Feel free to make up a tech support question if you want to try :D.

Ask a Question