how to remove Yahoo from Google Chrome

Reaction score
Help, I have downloaded some software which also packaged Yahoo search engine. I use Google Chrome as my preferred search engine. I hate Yahoo and Bing how on earth do I get rid of Yahoo as I have looked in Control panel programs uninstall and cannot find it to get rid of the infernal devils crap. Please someone HELP!!!!!!:cry::cry::confused::confused::wall::wall::wall::wall:

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
Yahoo Toolbar, according to official complaints, has been given the prestigious title of, Virus, Trojan, Wurm & a Rootkit. :nod:

If Yahoo want to discuss with me the implications of my statement, please do ... I have a Ban button waiting for you. :)

If TDs suggestion don't work, try ...

Go to the 'spanner' in Chrome
Basics
Click the tab 'Manage Search Engines'
Highlight Yahgoo, press the the 'X' and, viola (sic) :dance:

I'll make this a sticky thread. :lol:

Reaction score
:thumb: Did what you told me with the spanner button and lo and behold the devils curse has gone. Thanks for the replies TD and Mr Mucks. That bit of software should be banned it is a curse and I CURSE it:mad:

nivrip

Yorkshire Cruncher
Reaction score
It's easy to blame the software, BN but somewhere in it there will have been an option to NOT include Yahoo as your default search engine.

I've just downloaded the latest version of CCleaner and I had to untick an option to have Chrome as my default search engine (I don't use Chrome).

They can be very crafty with downloads and you have to keep your eyes wide open to avoid this sort of thing. :D

Reaction score
:cry:I usually do nivrip but this time I was in a bit of a rush and missed the tick boxes so serves right to not do things without looking. I have been able to dispose the devils messenger with the help of TD and Mr Mucks. I hate it when you buy a piece of software and they automatically include in the package crap you don't want or would not have at any price.:mad:

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
bootneck02 said:
I hate it when you buy a piece of software and they automatically include in the package crap you don't want or would not have at any price.:mad:

Or on a new laptop for that matter... ;)

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
It's easy to blame the software, BN but somewhere in it there will have been an option to NOT include Yahoo as your default search engine.

I've just downloaded the latest version of CCleaner and I had to untick an option to have Chrome as my default search engine (I don't use Chrome).

They can be very crafty with downloads and you have to keep your eyes wide open to avoid this sort of thing. :D
HUH??

Chrome is not a search engine ... CClearner is getting a bit crappy ... :confused:

[EDIT] Just downloaded the latest CC & never got asked to install any crud nor indeed did it install any ... pass :)

Ask a Question