You should of seen my Jaw drop to the floor

crazylegs

Member Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Hey guess what are there any football fans that frequent these forums, because if so i have just won the most fantastic prize in a competition.:thumb:

It was run by the sun national newspaper and they were giving away 2 vip tickets to go and watch the Premiership match of arsenal v manchester united with full hospitality, private box, 3 course meal including all wines and beers.:eek:

To say i'm well happy is an understatement, and i must certainly be the envy of many a football fan on tuesday evening.:D

I don't mean to gloat but i just had to tell somebody, because theres no way i could afford to attend a premiership match, let alone one of this stature, the person who relayed this good news and congratulations to me also said i was the envy of everyone in the office and how much did i want for the damn tickets....

Reaction score
well congratulations!

that game should be a real real cracker of an affair, Arsenal vs Man Utd always is!
you could call me a MORE than frequent football fan if you like!

You are guranteed a real special evening NEXT Tuesday night, a real great electric night!

pikakilla

Proud Cruncher!
Reaction score
nice prize
its just a shame its at highbury and not THE THEATRE OF DREAMS
well done!

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Wow! That is a good prize :D Must be worth quite a bit!

Do you support either of them?

crazylegs

Member Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Yeah i just got the tickets delivered special delivery, in answer to your question ian no i don't support either team, but i do the sun fantasy football and i'm part of a league on there too so thats why its more interesting for me than most, because i have thierry henry, ryan giggs, and wayne rooney, both in the same team so i'l cheer whoever scores,:D which will probably seem a bit strange if rooney scores and i start shouting whilst sitting in the arsenal hospitality suite, Ooooppss:blush:

A friend of mine has told me the tickets are hard to get hold of for this game and usually sell out months in advance, and the only way to get hold of them is from a ticket tout, where they can go for anything up to £200 each....

Don't know how true that is but there you go......

Be interesting to know how much somebody would pay for a ticket though......

Reaction score
crazylegs said:
A friend of mine has told me the tickets are hard to get hold of for this game and usually sell out months in advance, and the only way to get hold of them is from a ticket tout, where they can go for anything up to £200 each....

Don't know how true that is but there you go......

Be interesting to know how much somebody would pay for a ticket though......

well just getting a ticket in the normal terraces is hard enough, the only real way is to either become a season ticket holder or if u know people that know people!

last time i heard was that it was like a 3 year waiting list to become a season holder so if u sign up today maybe in 2008 u might be in luck

and with regards to those tickets, i dont think any normal person would have much of a chance to get hold of that calibre of ticket not on your nelly! or anyone elses nelly! :)

i rekon u could get easily £300 - £500 quid for those tickets each, just imagine that £1000 in your pocket, i would be tempted but come on man tuesday night will be electrfying! and this is definetly A ONCE IN A BLUE MOON OPORTUNITY!

crazylegs

Member Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Well on the arsenal website the package grade A+ i have costs £375 plus vat per ticket and i have 2 tickets.

Also we get full commemorative programmes of the match and corperate gifts and the chance to win an arsenal matchball signed by all the players who played on the night, thats just for our table and i'm informed there are ten guests to our table, so i have a 1 in 10 chance of winning that ball, now thats gotta be worth something eh.

What do you reckon psd99.....;)

Reaction score
sounds good crazy legs.

you an arsenal fan?

i'm a man city fan and rarely manage to get tickets for home games which is really annoying since city moved from maine road to the city of manchester stadium, maine road could hold about 35000 fans and the new stadium can hold over 45000 fans and i still can't get a ticket.

i know loads of people that are either city or united fans and neither have a hope in hell of getting a season ticket.

so i just end up going whenever i can get tickets, last match i went to was city v arsenal in the cup last under and we got beat by arsenals under 21's side, you gotta love city!!!!.

talkin about VIP treatment, i once went to see city play when they were at maine road, my dad had a rep from another compamny offer him VIP tickets to the city game, (can't remeber who they were playing, was a long time ago, i know they got beat though!!! :() but the tickets we got were in the club 100 (most city fans will know about the club 100), we went for a meal before the match with half the cast of coronation street etc, got seats at the top of the kippax stand,

it was a quality day and propably won't get a similar experience until i buy a box at the city of manchester standium, which will happen one day!

have a great day mate i'm sure you'll enjoy it.

crazylegs

Member Extraordinaire
Reaction score
No mate i'm not an arsenal fan or man u fan which is what makes it so fantastic for me, it doesn't matter who wins as long as i get to see a fantastic game of football, like i said in my previous post i play fantasy football in the Sun newspaper and have Rooney, Henry and Giggs all in my team, so i can't lose can i, lol.:D

Yeah you have gotta love city haven't you, of which youv'e just lost your main man haven't you, nicolas annelka just signed for fehnebahce in turkey iv'e just read today in the paper, you must be gutted, he scored loads of goals for city the last couple of years, i even had him in my fantasy team last year and he done me proud....

Sorry to hear you can't get hold of tickets for home games though mate, but it's a big footballing city is manchester, 2 teams and still not enough to go round.

You'll let me know when you get that box now won't you dude. he he he.:p

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
I should imagine if you're into football that must be about the best prize ever :)

Nice one, enjoy the match :)

crazylegs

Member Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Well Guys

I think this may be my last post for a couple of days (probably be that long with the free drinks and all :p ) so i shall be thinking of you all a bit later today, when i'm sitting down in my private box eating my 3 course meal (sorry guys just trying to make you all jealous).

I think it's going to be a fantastic day certainly a new experience for me, and hopefully get to see a few stars in there.;) (that would be a bonus)

Thinking of you Techy and Psd99 as i know you'll be thinking of me (and cussing me a lucky b*****d) so i'll catch you all on the flip side.:)

Oh to the bods who are watching the game on the tv, you might spot me i'll be the one with the grin from one side of the north bank to the other. he he he. :D

Later's....................................................................................................................

Reaction score
so then crazylegs how did it go?

ELECTRIC OR WHAT?

u know i think i spotted u on the tele, must say u looked very smart. whose wedding was it!!!:O)
lol

yes what a super super game, went to my local as per usual, special special atmosphere, just loved it, bring it on!

i would like a detailed explanation of your night in Highbury please.....!