You REALLY wanna overclock your graphics card?

Reaction score
Well... following on from Mr. Postills review of the FX5700LE, I`ve been looking for ways to push the clock settings past the max speeds allowed by Coolbits2.

I succeeded....

Powerstrip alllows the core to be taken to...... 1000MHz. Oh yes, 1000MHz. Silly numbers. I dont know if its an exploitable mistake in Powerstrip or not, but when the core speed is taken to its max value for both 2D and 3D apps (528 off the top my head) and is saved, up comes a warning message about the base level core speed. Press ok and back to the desktop. Go back into powerstrip and 528MHz becomes the default setting for the card and the clock can be taken to 1000MHz. The memory core speeds can be raised in a similar way, but seeing as the memory on my FX5700LE tops out around 500MHz, I dont need to touch it. Helpfully, this is a 2-way process and the default settings can be re-entered.

Hopefully none of you are this dumb but... DO NOT TRY THIS WITHOUT WATERCOOLING OR A TEC!

If any of you try this out at some suitable silly numbers and complete a round of benchmarks, please post screen pics, would love to see them!

Kenny :)

Kye

Reaction score
When i get a new PSU and maybe a NV silencer 5...i will try and unlock the extra vertex shader and pipe on ma card...and post before and after pics...thats if my card is successful in unlocking them ^_^

Reaction score
As you should! Nothing to lose. My hunch tells me that the worst that can happen is bad graphical performance, as long as you save the original BIOS and you can reload it, it`ll be fine. Have seen a 6800LE for 140 squid that i might buy and abuse.

:)

Ask a Question