You know it's time to quite IT when...

Reaction score
You know it's time to quit IT when...

You get confused by a mouse...

Yes a mouse! I've been trying to get my Microsoft Intellimouse Pro working all this morning (since about 5:30am, it's now coming up to 6:15am) and I've had various results so far!

First attempt: Nothing, nada, zip, ziltch... (unplug, plug back in, restart)
Second attempt: Some action at last, it seems to constantly have the left mouse button held down and the mouse moves somewhat erratically round the screen, seemingly anchored to the top right of the screen :confused: (unplug, reconnect, restart)
Third attempt: Slightly more success this time! No buttons appear stuck, slightly smoother movement, but if the mouse is lifted off the mat, it hops back to the top right hand corner again. Decide to reconnect my old standard wheel mouse, download intellipoint software, and try again.

Time passes waiting for download...

Fourth attempt: Nothing... the mouse refuses to respond after the restart. Decide to go for coffee to calm my now wracked nerves and short fuse before mouse leaves via nearest window. Reconnect old mouse and give up, thoroughly confused :confused: and utterly angry. :crazy:

Now the weird part: This mouse worked JUST FINE last night at home! I've decided this mouse is female and temperamental (no offence to any of our lady techies here...)

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
That is some weird stuff!!! What is happening with the mouse now?

My old logitech mouse (a ball type) did something similar, it would seemingly move erratically around the screen. I opened it up, blew in it, jiggled bits about, and voilà! :spin:

Ask a Question