XP SP1 Final Leaked

Reaction score
XP SP1 Final Leaked (Updated)

Once again with the SP1 news, the final build of XP Service Pack 1 has been leaked to the internet, 9 days earlier than the date MS will host it on its servers. The final build number is 1106, contrary to the reports that 1102.1 would be the final.

For more info, check out WinBeta. If this keeps up, we'll have to change our name to "XPSP1Review". :D I'm downloading it right now, so let me know if it hoses anyone's system.

[Update] I've installed it on my computer, and everything is running fine. Nothing major to report other than it's a tad smoother and more responsive (opening My Computer, etc.). Will run some benchmarks tomorrow.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Downloading now, very slowly! Beware downloading this if you have an illegal version of Windows XP, as if an illegal product activation code is detected, windows will cease to function properly!

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Installed here - but I can't notice any difference (not that I was expecting any, but I can be hopefull :))

Reaction score
Main differences I see are that My Computer is more responsive, start menu, too, and it's much faster to shutdown/logoff. Very little improvement in startup times (if any).

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
I just managed to download it yesterday, a whole two days before the official release - whoo-hoo! (not ;) ).

It's not the beta, I got it from M$'s 'power user' site or something.

I've had to, ahem, change my key code number. I'll install it later today methinks, when me brain-box is a little more together :)

Ask a Question