Windows XP xp reboot problem

Reaction score
Well I thought it would be a good idea to build a computer and use xp it seems great on my laptop. But come to find out loading win98 is much easier. So far there was issues with the ndis driver with any cpu over 2.2ghz and as I have a 3ghz I had to basically load the os on another computer and then put it back in the original w/ the 3ghz.

But there was a new problem the following files are involved in the error:

mini032504-03.dmp

WER4.tmp.dir00\sysdata.xml

It basically causes the computer to reboot at various times, some times it when Im trying to send the error form, or get online, or installing hardware.

Im not sure what item could be causing the problem as its a new and all the hardware could be the problem. I did get a message when I installed my modem that they weren't logo testsed but I had been receiving the error before installing the modem.

I downloaded an error fixing program but it only fixed 18 out of 19 and as it still does it I banking on that one error being the 19th.

Any help would be great I saw a thread about xp and games but it didnt seem to be the same problem.

Thanks.

Reaction score
dustwigg,

when you post a problem it's always an idea to include as much info as possible about your system, e.g. system spec, apps installed, driver versions, this then helps us to find a resolution to your problem, with the above as you said it could be anything, but there could be a configuration issue that your overlooking.

Supply more info and the answers (suggestions) will come flooding in.

:spin: :spin: :spin:

Cheers

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
DRIVERS DRIVERS DRIVERS

... and go to Windows Update Site (its on your start button) and get all the latest critical updates, you'll even find updates to your video card. :rolleyes:

Reaction score
Hi dustwigg

Go
Start
Control panel
Performance and Maintenance
System

Click the Advanced tab
Click the Settings button in Startup and Recovery
Untick automatically restart
Leave the rest,
go