Windows XP Xp Professional problem

Reaction score
Hey i was wondering if anyone can help!!!

ok the problem started bout four days ago, when i turn my p.c off, and say i turned it on the next day, its as if Xp has reinstalled itself on 2 my pc agen, all my files have been erased of the pc and all of the Xp original setting are back to how they were when you install Xp :confused:

this happens everytime i turn my pc off and back on.
but the funny thing is the programmes i installed like my Webcam software, powerdvd etc are still on ther!

i tryed a system restore but no luck with that

Can n e body help:(

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Hi Crazyguy!

What I think has happened is that your User Profile has been corrpted... and it makes your desktop settings, favorites, and start menu revert back to normal.

Try taking a look in C:\Documents and Settings and see if your username is in that list, and then have a little browse to see if your files are there :)

Reaction score
Thanx

Hey thanks Ian
i found all my files!:bow:

The user profile must be currupted then, so all i have do is make a new 1 transfer the file to ther and delete the old corupted account:confused:

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Thats right, you got it! :D

Back the files up somewhere first, just in case ;)

Reaction score
...unless of course u accidentally logged out as you and then logged back in as default Admin....this would look like u had reverted to your systems original settings. Be careful not to assume a corrupt user file until u have checked which account u are logged in under.

Ask a Question