Windows profile migrated from user A and now user B get's User A..

Discussion in 'Microsoft Outlook Discussion' started by Guest, May 11, 2006.

    Hello,
    I had to migrate a user's 'Windows' profile on Windows XP from user A to a
    new user B. These are different folders under 'Documents and settings". The
    reason was a call center monitoring application that wouldn't run under
    different user profile. User B assumed the task to monitor the phones.
    Outlook was changed to reflect user B's settings for the POP email account.
    Now in Outlook 2000 Prem, when user B replies to an email and starts
    typing, it inserts "[User A]" to quote the reply. But it's not user A's PC
    anymore.
    The only thought I had while driving home is to run the 'reconfigure mail
    support'
    and if that doesn't help, create a New Outlook profile and remove the old
    Outlook Profile.
    Where does that 'auto reply to quoting" thing live??

    Thanks in advance

    Kevin B
    --
    RHCE, Linux+ and MCP

    Guest, May 11, 2006

  2. Tools | Options | E-Mail Options | Mark my comments with.

    --
    Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP

    Sue Mosher [MVP-Outlook], Jun 27, 2006