Windows XP Windows Anti-Spyware, an alternative DL

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
There are numerous reports of people “verifying” their copy of Windows, so one can download Windows Anti-Spyware, only to be told they have an invalid copy of Windows.

This may not be the fault of the vendor/system builder.

Until Microsoft sort this out you can download a copy from BetaNews

wink.gif

thumb_yello.gif

Adywebb

Growing old....
Reaction score
The Microsoft site also gives you the option to bypass Windows Verification by selecting the "No, do not validate Windows at this time, but take me to the download" option when you get to the verification page.....

Reaction score
they claim you a faster download if your "verifiy" your copy of windows, not true!

Reaction score
Microsoft Antispy Software

the software it self is pretty neat! Except Microsoft will prompt you to validate windows etc.. For some reason they could not validate my operating system, so I had to pull out serial # all the way from the bottom of my computer...

Last edited:
Reaction score
i sucesfully installed this software yesterday but i still have not fully 100% got rid of all the spyware on this pc which really annoys me!
:(

Adywebb

Growing old....
Reaction score
psd, I assume you've used all the other usual methods - Ad-aware, Spybot etc?

Adywebb

Growing old....
Reaction score
psd, sorry just read your thread in the support section and can see your already trying ad-aware...:blush:

Reaction score
yes i am but to no AVAIL!!!!!!

i still seem to have these annoying GREEN words that link me to silly sites really annoying me right now

Adywebb

Growing old....
Reaction score
If you've tried all of those without success then it looks like you've got a nasty bit of stubborn Spyware on there.

One way to have a look is to use a useful little tool called HighjackThis - it examines certain key areas of the Registry and Hard Drive and lists their contents - you can then copy and paste it into a forum thread so others can have a look and identify what nasty little bug is lurking and help you remove it.

You can find it at http://www.tomcoyote.org/hjt/ - have a look and give it a go - if you dont want to put it on here - PM me and I'll have a look....:)

Ask a Question