Windows 10 100% CPU

Reaction score
Towards the end of June'21 my computer (LenovoB50) started a descending spiral in response speed. Task Manager showed a 'red' 100% CPU usage yet memory was, as usual, around 80%.
I have brought power feed to 'full' but am reluctant to dive into some of the other suggestions on the Net as I am no ' IT boffin'.
Have others encountered a sudden overload after an end-June Windows 10 update? Are there other 'simple' fixes I can try?
Or do I wait for Windows11; Lord help us all!

Ad

Advertisements

nivrip

Yorkshire Cruncher
Reaction score
Towards the end of June'21 my computer (LenovoB50) started a descending spiral in response speed.

Have others encountered a sudden overload after an end-June Windows 10 update? Are there other 'simple' fixes I can try?
Or do I wait for Windows11; Lord help us all!

I am no IT boffin either but I can say that, running a Lenovo C50, I have had no problems with the recent Win 10 updates from June 2021 or the latest one from 09 July 2021.

You could always uninstall the latest updates and see if your PC returns to how it was. :)

Ad

Advertisements

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
In task manager, are you able to sort all of the apps by CPU usage (click the CPU table header) and post a screenshot here please? I wonder which process is hogging all of those resources?

I've attached a screenshot of mine, sorted by CPU (by clicking the red highlighted area)

Capture.PNG

Ask a Question