Win XP wont install printer!

WKR

Reaction score
I have a pentium III Alienware machine with Win XP. I am ready to blow it up. I have had so many problems since trying to install two diff 4in1 printers by HP. The install disks lay dead. The downloads and upgrades from microsoft, HP DO NOT HELP. Backdoor installations have failed. This was the HP950 supposedly compat. with XP. Then I tried the HP V40 which does work on my son's Dell. The disk and the replacement disk lay dead in the drive. The drive has worked for other things, so it is not the drive. CAN ANYONE RECOMMEND AN EXCELLENT, SINGLE FUNCTION ALL PURPOSE PRINTER THAT HAS EXCELLENT PHOTO QUALITY? :crazy: Thanks

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
Well I know you don't want to hear the word HP again but quite frankly they are hard to beat.

The biggest hurdle to overcome is … "compatibility" ... that word does NOT exist in the same sentence with a computer … I have tried other printers and I’m afraid I have always gone back to … you know who.

Here is my choice … all work on MY system with no problems.
720/710 (if you can find one)
PhotoSmart P1000/1100/1200 (excellent, USB)
The 2000 pro (individual inks x 4/5)

All are aimed at photo-imaging.

I have all these printers and XP has loaded its own drivers with NO problems, that’s home and pro editions.

Mucks

Reaction score
:blush: hi=my epson did a simla thing so i did not use the wizard loaded software first then it found it(continue anyway) watch 4 that box ticked dont tell me abouy this device again =and if usb look which 1 it useing =hope this helps c ya

Ask a Question