Who do you host with?

Reaction score
Who is all your internet webhosts?

I use chrisimrie.co.uk

Who do you guys use?

KGB

Reaction score
haven't we been here before?

i use my own servers, more control and more flexibility!

the cost is the only downfall.

Server (with enough storage space)
Decent Firewall (Suggest Cisco Pix)
Router
Bandwith (how much!!! :eek: )
Software (it's ok if your familiar with linux but windows :rolleyes: extra few hundred pounds)

it all adds up.

J

Reaction score
Hmm now perhaps it's me but don't you think that sneaking URL's into your sigs / posts is a little bit ...well forum spamming?

For those who don't know, it's when you put a link to the site you want to promote in your sig/post so that you get a "Backlink" from a site with good Google page rank and hence your site rates too.

For those who can't spot it...

<!-- sig -->
<div>
__________________<br />
Phelon<br />
<a href="http://www.techfever.co.uk" target="_blank"><br />
</a>
</div>
<!-- / sig -->

Tut tut. :/

Reaction score
Reason I mention it is that for those who use screen reader software for one reason or another (well one reason I guess- you cant see the screen all that well!!), it shows up as a link which you can't click, so as well as being spam it messes up the software too and you cant browse the page properly.

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
I not really sure, but I got a Gig of space with my ISP, Zen, and more or less unlimited space and a lotta bandwidth with my other (US) forum.

But like I said, not sure if that counts as hosting, I a little unknowing in this area, tbh.

Cache-man

Wannabe Webmaster
Reaction score
I hosted with aquinox .co.uk for a while, but have now moved over to a reseller account on stayhosted.com - the service is great, plenty of help available, and the prices arent all that bad either.

chelseafc2005

Crunchtastic
Reaction score
i use www.dreamhost.com i got a special deal with them when i first signed up i got the whole first year for $7 which included something like a gig of space and alot of bandwidth not sure if the offer is still on but you can try if you type in the offer code of 777 when you sing up

CITech

Offshore Crunchie Eater
Reaction score
Hosting and routing thru UK2.

They started off doing my e-mail domains and they were so good I decided to stick with 'em.

Prices are reasonable, and always found their tech support to be quite efficient.

Ask a Question